This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chanel was born in Hamilton, New Zealand, and moved to Bega, New South Wales. Her fame grew largely from her appearance as a finalist in the second season of Australian Idol (2004). She was eliminated from the competition on 25 October having reached fifth place. Both her song choices and jazz-influenced vocal style were noted as setting her apart from the other Idol hopefuls, along with her eccentric hair accessories, which often included feathers, flowers and other ornaments.
- Australian Idol: The Final 10 (17 January 2005)
- The Dusk Sessions (4 October 2005)
- Good Times (24 January 2005)
- Cracked But Intact - Colestock 2005 [Live] (November 2005)
- Insatiable Banalities Podcast #99 - The Podcast, a joint Culturazi/RiotACT production [Live] (Recorded 17 November 2008, First filed 25 November 2008, Uploaded 26 November 2008). Interviews/discussions and songs.
Track list: •Counting the Cost. 4:59 •Cheese (Pete Lyon). 18:03 •The Bullet and the Gun. 29:45 •Carelessnesses. 46:39 •Billy Sweet. 58:25
- Come Find Out - Chanel sings the hook on this D'Opus & Roshambo hip-hop song (pre-tour, pre-album internet release on 9 March 2010)