Iman at the 2009 Victoria's Secret fashion show at The Armory in New York City
|Born||Chanel Iman Robinson
December 1, 1990 
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Chanel Iman Robinson (born December 1, 1990) is an American model, known professionally as Chanel Iman. She is best known for her work as a Victoria's Secret Angel. Vogue Paris declared her as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Iman started modeling with Ford Models at the age of 12 as a child model in Los Angeles, California. She flew to New York in 2006 and won third place in Ford's Supermodel of the World contest. Shortly after, she signed on with the agency. She has appeared in editorials for Allure, Dubai, American, and Ukrainian Harpers Bazaar, V, i-D, Pop, Italian, British, and Indonesian Elle, Italian Vanity Fair, and several international Vogues. In February and July 2007, Iman appeared on the cover of Teen Vogue, with Karlie Kloss and Ali Michael, photographed by Patrick Demarchelier, then in November 2009 she appeared on the cover again, this time with Jourdan Dunn. Iman's other covers include American, British, and Italian Elle, American and French L'Officiel, i-D, Dubai and Ukrainian Harper's Bazaar, Lula, Korean, Teen, and American Vogue.
She has walked the runways for Burberry, Tom Ford, Gucci, Balenciaga, Max Mara, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, Stella McCartney, DKNY, Moschino, Tommy Hilfiger, Jason Wu, Dior, Michael Kors, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Hermés, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, DSquared2, John Galliano, and Bottega Veneta.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Bottega Veneta, DSquared2, Dennis Basso, Swarovski, XOXO, Benetton, J. Crew, Barneys New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, GAP, Express, Mizani, and Victoria's Secret.
In October 2007, Iman appeared with her mother on an episode of the Tyra Banks Show. On March 21, 2009, she appeared as a correspondent in MTV's brief revival of House of Style with Bar Refaeli. On September 9, 2009, Iman appeared as a guest judge on the two-hour season premiere of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 13.
Early in 2010, Iman opened a clothing boutique in Culver City, California called The Red Bag with the help of her mother. Iman appeared in Beyoncé's music video for "Yonce". She also appeared in singer Usher's music video for "Dive" and The Weeknd's music video for "Can't Feel My Face". In 2012, she attended the Met Ball with fashion designer Tom Ford.
Intel released a Kinect video game on Xbox Live Arcade starring Chanel Iman, Chris Evans and Redfoo of LMFAO. Iman signed a contract with Utah-based electronics company Skullcandy. For 2012, Iman was Sunglass Hut's summer ambassador along with Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls. Iman was a model for Amazon Fashion's 2012 holiday campaign.
In 2011, Iman traveled to East Africa on a work trip where she became one of a handful of celebrities attached to USAID and Ad Council's FWD campaign, an awareness initiative tied to that year's drought in East Africa. She joined Uma Thurman, Geena Davis and Josh Hartnett in TV and internet ads to "forward the facts" about the crisis. As an advocate for education, Chanel is currently working on setting up primary schools in impoverished rural areas in Tanzania and Uganda. Her immense passion for charity work led her to sponsor several young girls in Kenya as well, in which she contributes funds for their daily necessities and academic tuition.
In May 2011, editor-in-chief of American Vogue, Anna Wintour, chose Iman to co-host her Runway to Win fundraising event in Chicago. In conjunction with the event, Iman designed a backpack to raise money for President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign. She also attended a dinner with President Obama at actress Sarah Jessica Parker's house.
In April 2013, she began dating rapper ASAP Rocky. On October 27, 2014, they ended their relationship after nearly eighteen months of dating. The Daily Mail Rocky said that they ended their relationship because of a "delayed touring schedule". In August 2015, it was confirmed that Iman was dating Lakers basketball player Jordan Clarkson, although ended the relationship shortly after due to cheating rumors., In 2017, it was confirmed that Iman was dating New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard.
Chanel can also play the piano and contributed to "Just Right", a song from Ryan Leslie's self-titled debut album. She is an avid reader and enjoys works by Khaled Housseini and Dan Brown. Iman states that if she wasn't a supermodel, she would have applied to the Culinary Institute of America as she has a passion for food, cooking, and loves being creative with recipes.
- "WHO IS CHANEL IMAN?". chaneliman.com. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- "Chanel Iman". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved April 23, 2007.
- Wilson, Eric (October 12, 2006). "A Model From Day 1". New York Times Styles. p. 4. Retrieved December 29, 2007.
- Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000 Retrieved 20 January 2010
- "Hit Girls". style.com. Archived from the original on April 20, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2007.
- "Chanel Iman". nymag.com. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- "Victorias Secret Supermodels Attend The 2010 Victorias Secret Fashion... | Getty Images Nederland | 106652423". Gettyimages.com. November 9, 2010. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Paxman, Lauren (November 10, 2011). "All my friends bring over food and we party it up: How Chanel Iman PUT ON 15lbs for Victoria's Secret show". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- "Victoria's Secret Angels' Holiday 2011 Gift Picks". December 7, 2011. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- "House of Style: Chanel Iman Bio". MTV. Archived from the original on March 28, 2009. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- "Chanel Iman". New York: NY Magazine. 2012. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- Samson, E. J. (March 19, 2009). "Chanel Iman Makes Herself at Home in the New House of Style". Teen Vogue Magazine. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- Mulling, Kate (May 21, 2010). "Chanel Iman Opens The Red Bag Boutique". Retrieved June 26, 2010.
- Locht, Susan (July 1, 2010). "Chanel". The Block Magazine. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- Wilson, Eric (May 7, 2012). "Fashion Gala at Metropolitan Museum Compares Schiaparelli and Prada". The New York Times.
- "Dr. Jill Biden Joins USAID and Ad Council to Debut FWD Campaign for the Crisis in the Horn of Africa". PR Newswire. October 26, 2011.
- "Chanel Iman Replaced Iman at Anna Wintour’s Runway to Win Event Last Night"
- "Chanel Iman. Hang onto Hope.". barackobama.com. 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Gye, Hugo; Boyle, Louise (June 15, 2012). "Barack Obama New York President jets evening star studded-fundraisers". Mail Online. London: Associated Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Brown, Nicole (May 1, 2013). "Chanel Iman Confirms Relationship with A$AP Rocky". Vibe Vixen. Spin Entertainment. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- "A$AP Rocky And MTV Security Get Into An Argument". XXL.
- Brown, Nicole (May 1, 2013). "Lakers Guard Jordan Clarkson Dating Victoria's Secret Angel and SI Swim Model Chanel Iman". The Big Lead. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chanel Iman.|