Chanelle Hayes in 2007
|Born||Chanelle Jade Sinclair
11 November 1987
|Occupation||Television personality, model, singer, businesswoman|
|Known for||Big Brother
Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar
|Home town||Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England|
|Partner(s)||Matthew Bates (2009–2010)|
|Genres||R&B, dance, pop|
Chanelle Jade Hayes (née Sinclair, born 11 November 1987) is an English television personality, singer and model. She was a student at NEW College, Pontefract, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, studying Spanish, music and English before becoming well known by appearing on the Channel 4 reality show Big Brother in 2007 when she was 19 years old. She currently runs a cake making business in Wakefield, along with occasional media work.
Hayes was born Chanelle Jade Sinclair in 1987 at Wythenshawe hospital, Manchester, England. Her mother, Andrea Sinclair, a 32-year-old prostitute, was murdered by client Keith Pollard, on 5 April 1988, when Hayes was not quite five months old. Hayes was then put up for adoption and was raised in Wakefield, West Yorkshire by Christine and Harry Hayes. At age 15 she sought information about her birth family from social workers, and was reunited with her grandmother and her sisters in Sheffield.
In 2007, Hayes appeared on the eighth series of the UK's Big Brother. Hayes began a relationship with another contestant, Ziggy Lichman, while in the house, and their relationship was the main focus of the show for many weeks until Hayes left the house on day 62. Following her appearance in Big Brother, she appeared many times in newspapers and magazines doing photo shoots and interviews.
On 23 November 2007, it was revealed that Hayes was voted the Favourite Big Brother Housemate Ever by the forum members of Digital Spy. She was also voted the second Sexiest Female Housemate Ever, losing by a narrow margin to Imogen Thomas.
In April 2008, Hayes was cast in a video by the creative advertising team of Lee & Dan Special Projects, who had been hired by MTV UK to produce a viral advertisement for the new MTV comedy "Fur TV."
In May 2008, Radio 1 declined to add her debut single to the playlist, despite interviewing her on the Chris Moyles breakfast show. In May she also topped a poll by Domino's Pizza, to find Britain's least talented celebrity. In June, she stated her "fame may be over" as TV producers started putting her television ideas on hold. In August the organisers of V festival reportedly declined her request to sing.
In June 2008, Hayes started a column in glossy weekly Star magazine. She shared her views on Big Brother 9 for thirteen weeks until the show finished on 5 September 2008.
In 2011 she opened a cake making business in Wakefield.
Big Brother 2007
Hayes was one of the housemates of the 2007 Big Brother series. She started a relationship with fellow housemate Ziggy Lichman in the house, though they split up and got back together several times during the series. Hayes was tested by Big Brother and had one of the highest IQs in the house, scoring 114 On Day 61, (Sunday 29 July 2007), Hayes left, and re-entered the house after seeing a psychologist. Hayes left the house on Day 62. She re-entered the House on Day 89 as part of a task, however she had to leave minutes later.
Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar
Hayes also starred in a reality TV series for VH1 UK called Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar. Launched on 18 April 2008, it charted her progress as she attempted to make a debut single and music video.
On Thursday 5 June 2008, Hayes appeared on the BB Launch Night Special of The Friday Night Project (1 episode, The Big Brother Launch Project, 2008). Among other things she co-hosted a quiz section with Brian Dowling.
On 18 March 2009, Hayes appeared as a guest panellist on the ITV2 show Celebrity Juice. She replaced Holly Willoughby who left the panel in the commercial break, as she was tired due to her pregnancy. Before joining the panel alongside Dave Berry and David Van Day, Hayes was the guest on the cover story section of the show. She returned as a guest on the cover story section in March 2011.
On 28 May 2009 Hayes appeared on the E4 show "Big Brother's Big Quiz" as a member of the audience along with many other ex-housemates and a few selected members of the public. The show featured humorous observations about Hayes' relationship with Lichman in the Big Brother 8 house, the September image from Hayes' 2009 calendar, and the name of her perfume ("Mwah!").
In May 2008, Hayes revealed that she wanted to make one of the biggest-selling calendars of 2009. She revealed that she was aiming to beat glamour models Lucy Pinder, Gemma Atkinson and Keeley Hazell to the title, saying "All the girls are gorgeous and it’s brilliant to even be up there competing with girls who have been in the business a lot longer than me. But me, a relative nobody, came fourth this year (2008), which is pretty damn good! Now I want to do even better and maybe knock one out of the way!".
Having signed with Eminence Records, 7th Heaven (Ministry of Sound) released a mix of Hayes' new song "I Want It" for the dance clubs. Hayes' original "I Want It" song and music video premiered on MTV, and the CD and online download of the song (including three different mix versions, and a 7th Heaven radio mix music video) was officially released on 12 May 2008. The song entered the official UK Singles Chart at No. 63. The 7th Heaven and Club Junkies Remixes of the song reached top 10 in combined DJ club charts, its highest position was No.2 in the UK Pop Club Charts (30/04/08) and No.9 in the Upfront Club Charts.
Hayes has hinted at the possibility of recording a debut album. Hayes' American record label is Next Plateau Entertainment, which is affiliated with Universal Republic Records.
Her single, "I Want It," has been widely distributed on three CDs by Promo Only, the music source for professional disc jockeys, radio stations, music industry professionals, and entertainment venues. The three CDs are Promo Only UK Club Beats: April 2008 (7th Heaven Mix of "I Want It"), Promo Only Dance Radio: October 2008 (7th Heaven Radio Mix of "I Want It"), and Promo Only Rhythm Club: January 2009 (Club Junkies Club Mix of "I Want It").
The 7th Heaven remix of I Want It was also added to Dance Dance Revolution Encore arcade machines.
|2008||"I Want It"||63||33||7||5|
In late 2007 Hayes designed and launched her own perfume called "Mwah...". She has also released calendars for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2014. Her autobiography "Baring My Heart", was released in July 2014 in hardcover and ebook form.
On 20 January 2010, it was reported that she was expecting a child with former Middlesbrough football player Matthew Bates, She gave birth to her son Blakely Hayes  on 20 July 2010.
On 18 September 2011 she completed the Great North Run in aid of Cancer Research UK, in a time of 2:44.
On 6 March 2017, Chanelle announced she was pregnant with her second child with boyfriend Ryan Oates. She gave birth to her son, Frankie Edward Oates, on 29 August 2017.
- "findmypast.co.uk". search.findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "BB STAR BORN IN PRISON from 3 Jun 2007". mirror.co.uk. 3 June 2007. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Chanelle Hayes Fears Mum's Killer Release from Prison". Metro. 9 May 2011.
- "Big Brother 8 - News - Digital Spy's Big Brother awards winners revealed". Digital Spy. 23 November 2007. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Lee & Dan". Leeanddan.com. Archived from the original on 13 May 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Case Study: Breaking out of the Mainstream Advertising Industry : Inside story : Knowledge". Creative Choices. Archived from the original on 4 October 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- Ritchie, Kevin (11 November 2008). "The C word - Boards". Boardsmag.com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Academy Films". Academy Films. Archived from the original on 20 April 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Music - News - Chanelle furious over Radio 1 snub". Digital Spy. 18 May 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Showbiz - News - Chanelle unfazed by 'least talented' poll". Digital Spy. 27 May 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Showbiz - News - Chanelle: 'My fame may be over'". Digital Spy. 23 June 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Music - News - Chanelle Hayes snubbed by V Festival". Digital Spy. 10 August 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Q & A: Chanelle, Big Brother 8". 5 June 2008.
- Big Brother housemate Chanelle Hayes launches cake business, Wakefield Express, 24 February 2012
- "The day I found out my Mum was a prostitute". Now Magazine. 1 July 2014.
- Cheeseman, Katie (21 June 2007). "Big Brother: Zig dumps Chanelle". The Sun. London. Archived from the original on 26 June 2007. Retrieved 21 June 2007.
- "Chiggy Back On". Big Brother. 22 June 2007. Archived from the original on 24 March 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2007.
- "Double Agent Gerry". Big Brother. Archived from the original on 4 March 2008. Retrieved 8 July 2007.
- "Ziggy and Chanelle get back together". Digital Spy. Retrieved 9 July 2007.
- "Revealed:BBrainiest". People online. 17 June 2007.[dead link]
- "Chanelle walks". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 July 2007.
- "Chanelle back in the house". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 July 2007.
- "Chanelle leaves the house". Channel 4. Archived from the original on 27 December 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2007.
- "Blindfold Date". channel4.com. 26 August 2007. Archived from the original on 27 December 2007. Retrieved 26 August 2007.
- "Chanelle lands her own TV talent show Called "Wannabe"". heat (magazine)#Heatworld.com. 26 September 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2007.
- "Chanelle I will be the next Lorraine Kelly". Digital Spy.
- "VH1 Announces New Series - Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar". MTV Networks. Archived from the original on 3 May 2008.
- "Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar". MTV Networks. Archived from the original on 20 August 2008.
- "Chanelle: Wannabe Popstar". VH1. Archived from the original on 21 March 2008.
- "Chanelle reality star". YouTube. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Why Do We Blow Our Tops". Daily Record. 27 September 2008. Archived from the original on 9 December 2008.
- "Chanelle aims to win calendar battle". 28 May 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Wii all love Chanelle's Madword". Daily Star. 22 March 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Chanelle at Nuts". Nuts magazine. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Big Brother's Chanelle Hayes Present 50 Topless Reality TV Babes!". Zoo magazine. 8 January 2013. Archived from the original on 11 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Eminence Records Label Sign Chanelle Hayes". Single Minded Promotions.
- "Show me something I can't ignore..."
- "Blast from the Past: Chanelle". Archived from the original on 15 April 2008.
- "The Official UK Top 75 Singles Week of Mon 19 May". Yahoomusic.
- "DJ Pages Charts". DJ Pages.
- "UPFRONT CLUB CHART". energyfm. Archived from the original on 10 May 2008.
- "Chanelle: 'I may release an album'". 6 June 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Next Plateau Entertainment". Nextplateauent.com. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Music On CD". Promo Only. Archived from the original on 25 April 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
-  Archived 14 March 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Chanelle Number 5". Daily Star. 16 October 2008.
- "Mwah Baby!". Archived from the original on 28 September 2008.
- "We had sex in the House...Every Day". Mail Online. 8 July 2014.
- "Big Brother's Chanelle Hayes pregnant with first child | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
- "Pregnant Chanelle Hayes expecting Baby Boy". Now Magazine. 23 June 2010.
- "Chanelle Hayes Tweets New Baby News". Daily Star. 21 July 2010.
- Satherley, Jessica (20 July 2010). "I'm a Mummy, Tweets Chanelle Hayes". London: MailOnline.
- "Great North Run Celebrity Runners". Archived from the original on 24 September 2011.
- "Great North Run Results". Archived from the original on 29 March 2012.
- Duff, Seamus (30 August 2017). "Chanelle Hayes gives birth to first child with PE teacher partner Ryan Oates". Retrieved 3 September 2017.