Chang of Goryeo
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|King Chang of Goryeo|
|King of Goryeo|
|Reign||1388 – 1389|
|Predecessor||U of Goryeo|
|Successor||Gongyang of Goryeo|
|Born||6 September 1381|
|Died||31 December 1389(aged 8)|
|House||House of Wang|
|Father||King U of Goryeo|
|Mother||Royal Consort Geun-Bi|
|Chang of Goryeo|
|Revised Romanization||Chang wang|
|Revised Romanization||Wang Chang|
Prince Chang was the only son of king U and Royal Consort Geun-Bi of the Goseong Lee clan, daughter of Lee Rim. King U was forced from power after Yi Seong-gye mutinied in 1388, and King Chang was put on the throne in his stead.
During his reign from June 1388 to November 1389, Yi Seong-gye was regent. As Yi Seong-gye took full control of the military, King Chang was driven to Ganghwado and replaced on the throne by King Gongyang of Goryeo on the grounds that Gongyang was of true royal blood.
- Father: King U of Goryeo (25 July 1365 – 31 December 1389) (고려 우왕)
- Grandfather: King Gongmin of Goryeo (23 May 1330 – 27 October 1374) (고려 공민왕)
- Grandmother: Royal Concubine Ban-Ya (시비 반야)
- Mother: Royal Consort Geun-Bi of the Goseong Lee clan (근비 이씨)
- Grandfather: Lee Rim (? – 1391) (이림)
- Grandmother: Grand Lady Byeonhan of the Hong clan (변한국부인 홍씨)
|Monarchs of Korea Goryeo|
In popular culture
- Portrayed by Kim A-reum in the 1983 KBS1 TV series Foundation of the Kingdom.
- Portrayed by Jeon Hyeon in the 1983 MBC TV series The King of Chudong Palace.
- Portrayed by Yun Dong-won in the 1996–1998 KBS TV series Tears of the Dragon.
- Portrayed by Kim Jun-seong in the 2014 KBS TV series Jeong Do-jeon.
- Portrayed by Hwang Jae-won in the 2015–2016 SBS TV series Six Flying Dragons.
Chang of GoryeoBorn: 6 September 1381 Died: 31 December 1389
| King of Goryeo