|Predecessor||Changan Ford Mazda|
|Steven Armstrong (President and CEO)|
Zhao Fei (Executive Vice President)
|Owner||Changan Automobile (50%)|
Ford Motor Company (50%)
Number of employees
Changan Ford (长安福特 Cháng'ān Fútè, full name Changan Ford Automobile Co., Ltd.) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Chongqing, China and a 50:50 joint venture between Changan Automobile and Ford Motor Company. The company's principal activity is the manufacture of Ford brand passenger cars for the Chinese market. The company was formed in Dec. 2012 after the decision to restructure Changan Ford Mazda, whereby Ford and Mazda agreed to work with Changan as separate joint ventures. Currently, Changan Ford's entire production base is the largest manufacturing location outside Detroit, Michigan for Ford. It has plants in Chongqing, Hangzhou & Harbin. The slogan for Changan Ford is "Go Further" (进无止境, Jìn wú zhǐjìng).
In 2013, Changan Ford opened a new engine plant in Chongqing with an investment of US$500 million.
On Jun. 18, 2014, Changan Ford opened its transmission plant in Chongqing with an investment of US$350 million. This is the first transmission plant for Ford in the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2015, Changan Ford acquired Harbin Hafei Automobile Group Co, a subsidiary of Chongqing Changan's parent company, for US$1.1 billion. After factory upgrades, vehicle production started in the second half of 2016.
- Ford Escort
- Ford Explorer
- Ford Focus
- Ford Mondeo
- Ford Taurus
- Ford EcoSport
- Ford Kuga
- Ford Edge
- Lincoln Corsair
|Calendar year||Total sales|
- 杨帆. "Changan Ford commissions third China plant". www.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Restructure of Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Approved". Mazda. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "www.reliableplant.com/Read/26742/Ford-engine-plant-China". Archived from the original on 2017-01-14.
- "Ford Unveils New Transmission Plant in China".
- "Ford China joint venture acquires factory in $1.1 bln deal". Reuters. 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- http://shareholder.ford.com/~/media/Files/F/Ford-IR-V2/events-and-presentations/2018/ford-sold-nearly-1200000-vehicles-in-china-in-2017.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Ford Sold More Than 752,000 Vehicles in China in 2018" (PDF) (Press release). 11 January 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 January 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2019.