|Locale||Changchun, Jilin, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit & Light rail|
|Number of lines||1 (light rail)
2 (rapid transit)
|Number of stations||49|
|Daily ridership||140,000 (2012 Daily Avg.)
200,000 (2012 Peak)
Total: 50.63 km (31.46 mi)
|Alternative Chinese name|
Changchun Subway or Changchun Rail Transit is rail mass transit system in the city of Changchun, Jilin province, China. Its first line, Line 3, is the first true light rail line in Mainland China. The initial phase of Line 3 was completed in 2001, the 2nd phase was completed in 2006. It officially opened to revenue service in October 2002. The current total length of the route is 50.63 kilometers (31.46 mi) with 49 stations. 4 sections of 4 Lines are under construction.
The system will be expanded by an east west of conventional metro line and one light metro line. Construction of the first line of metro (Line 1), with 18 stations and a length of 20.12 kilometers (12.50 mi), started in 2011, and it is planned to open for service in 2016. Construction on a second metro line (Line 2) started in 2012. Construction on a third light rail line (Line Beihu) started in 2014. Construction on extending Line 3 started in 2014.
|Light rail total||31.9||33|
Line 1 is the first fully underground line in Changchun running in the north south axis of Changchun.
Line 3 is a light rail line in a S shape through Changchun.
Line 4 is the first fully grade separated light metro line in Changchun running in the north south axis of Changchun.
Lines under construction and future expansions
Lines Under Construction
- 201?: Underground section grade separating the line from Furongqiao to Weihuanggong
- Before 2018: Guojiqichenggongyuan - Dongfangguangchang
- 20??: Fufeng - Xinglongshan
- 20??: Changchun West Railway Station - Fuzhilu
- 20??: Bailongju - Taipingcun
- 20??: Line
The History and Lines of the Changchun Subway
Lines Serving Now
- 30 October 2002: (Phase 1) Changchun Railway Station - Weiguangjie
- 26 December 2006: (Phase 2) Weiguangjie - Changyingshijicheng
- 30 June 2011: Dongdaqiao - Chechang
- 7 May 2012: Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station - Dongdaqiao
- 30 June 2017: Beihuan - Hongzuizi about 16.3km
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changchun Light Rail Transit.|
- Network map (to scale)
- Changchun Light Rail Transit Blog
- Changchun Light Rail (in Chinese)
- UrbanRail Page on Changchun Light Rail
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|