|Locale||Changchun, Jilin, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit & Light rail|
|Number of lines||
1 (light rail)|
3 (rapid transit)
|Number of stations||80|
140,000 (2012 Daily Avg.) |
200,000 (2012 Peak)
|Operator(s)||Changchun Railway Traffic Group Co., Ltd.|
Total: 87.4 km (54.3 mi)
|Alternative Chinese name|
Changchun Subway or Changchun Rail Transit is rail mass transit system in the city of Changchun, Jilin province, China. Its first line, Line 3, is the first true light rail line in Mainland China. The initial phase of Line 3 was completed in 2001, the 2nd phase was completed in 2006. It officially opened to revenue service in October 2002. The current total length of the route is 87.4 kilometers (54.3 mi) with 80 stations.. 4 sections of 4 Lines are under construction.
Construction of the first metro line (Line 1), with 15 stations and a length of 16.3 kilometers (10.1 mi), started in 2011, and opened for service on 30 June 2017. Construction on the second metro line (Line 2), with 18 stations and a length of 20.5 kilometers (12.7 mi), started in 2012, and opened for service on 30 August 2018. Construction on the third light rail line (Line 8) started in 2014. Construction on extending Line 3 started in 2014. Construction on extending Line 2 started in 2018.
|North Ring Rd.
|Changchun Railway Station
|Changchun Railway Station (N)
|Light rail total||31.9||33|
Line 1 is the first fully underground line in Changchun running in the north south axis of Changchun.
Line 2 is the second fully underground line in Changchun running in the east west axis of Changchun.
Line 3 is a light rail line in a S shape through Changchun.
Line 4 is the first fully grade separated light metro line in Changchun running in the north south axis of Changchun.
The History and Lines of the Changchun Subway
Lines Serving Now
- 30 October 2002: (Phase 1) Changchun Railway Station - Weiguangjie
- 26 December 2006: (Phase 2) Weiguangjie - Changyingshijicheng
- 30 June 2011: Dongdaqiao - Chechang
- 7 May 2012: Changchun Railway Station North - Dongdaqiao
- 30 June 2017: North Ring Rd. - HONGZUIZI
- 30 August 2018: SHUANGFENG - DONGFANG Square
Lines under construction and future expansions
Lines Under Construction
- Around 2020: Changchun railway station and extending it to Weihuanggong connecting with Line 4 Grade separating the line between Liaoninglu and
- Around 2020: Grade separating surface line from Furongqiao to Weihuanggong
- Before end of 2018:  North Ring Rd. - GUANGTONG Rd.
- 20??: Fufeng - Xinglongshan
- 20??: Changchun West Railway Station - Fuzhilu
- 20??: Bailongju - Taipingcun
- 20??: Line
- "中国轨道交通城市，长春竞争力名列第12！明年长春地铁还有这些大事件". news.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changchun Light Rail Transit.|
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|