Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
|Headquarters||Jingdezhen, Jiangxi, China|
|Yu Feng (Chairman)|
|Products||Military aircraft, helicopters|
|Total assets||CN￥4.3 billion|
Number of employees
|Parent||Aviation Industry Corporation of China|
Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) (Chinese: 昌河飞机工业(集团)有限责任公司) is a Chinese helicopter manufacturer and supplier to the People's Liberation Army of China. It is a member of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). The company is based in the city of Jingdezhen in Jiangxi province. Changhe employs 4300 employees in two production facilities with 1.29 million sq. metres and 0.22 million sq. metres of construction area. It has a joint venture with Agusta Helicopter (Jiangxi Changhe-Agusta Helicopter Co., Ltd) and relationship with Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation. Its subsidiary, Changhe Machinery Factory, is a major automobile company in China.
The company was established in 1969 as a state enterprise and now as a contractor to the People's Liberation Army.
- CAIC WZ-10 - attack helicopter currently in production; it is built to replace Wuzhuang Zhisheng WZ-9
- Changhe Z-8 - naval and Z-8A army heavy transport helicopter; Chinese variant of SA321Ja Super Frelon
- Changhe CA109 - utility helicopter; Chinese version of A109
- Zhi Z-11J - light military utility helicopter
- Zhi Z-11 - light civilian utility helicopter
- Medeiros, Evan S. (2005.) "A new direction for China's defense industry." Rand Corporation. ISBN 0-8330-3794-3
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation.|