|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Role||Light Utility helicopter|
|Manufacturer||Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation|
|First flight||December 1994|
|Developed from||Eurocopter Ecureuil|
The Changhe Z-11 is a light utility helicopter developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC). According to the Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation website, it is claimed to be the first indigenously-designed helicopter in China. It is based on the Eurocopter Ecureuil however. The Z-11 project started in 1989 and the first flight was made in Dec 1994. In Oct 2000, test flights of Z-11 were completed. The chief designer of Z-11 is Mr. Wu Ximing (吴希明), who is also the chief designer of three other Chinese helicopters, including the WZ-10. Under Mr. Wu, the Z-11 became the first Chinese helicopter to be completely designed by CAD/CAM.
- Z-11J military version of the Z-11
- Z-11W armed military version of the Z-11 (battlefield surveillance and reconnaissance, ground attack, and medical evacuation roles)
- Z-11WA – scout version
- Z11MB1 – with French Arriel 2B1A engine
- CZ11W – The CZ11W is a light attack helicopter variation. It is powered by one WZ8D or ARRIEL 2B1A turboshaft engine and is equipped with integrated avionics systems, antitank missiles, rockets and machine guns. The helicopter is fitted with a targeting sensor turret, and can carry four Chinese HJ-8 antitank missiles.
- Z-11WB: New attack/reconnaissance variant based on the AC-311 with a new EO ball, redesigned cockpit, and pylons for weapons. Its roles include ground support, attack, battlefield reconnaissance, command, counter-terrorism, counter-narcotics, counter-smuggling, and other tasks.
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004
- Crew: one
- Capacity: six
- Length: 11.24 m (36 ft 10¾ in)
- Rotor diameter: 10.7 m (35 ft 1 in)
- Height: 3.14 m (10 ft 3½ in)
- Disc area: 89.8 m² (966 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 1,120 kg (2,469 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 2,200 kg (4,850 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × WZ-8D turboshaft, 510 kW (684 shp)
- Maximum speed: 278 km/h (150 knots, 172 mph)
- Cruise speed: 240 km/h (130 knots, 149 mph)
- Range: 598 km (322 nmi, 371 mi)
- Service ceiling: 5,240 m (17,200 ft) (hovering ceiling, in-ground effect)
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Global Security - Z-11 light military transport helicopter, article retrieved 26 October 2013.
- [Computer-aided manufacturing CAD/CAM for Z-11]
- Z-11 helicopter variations - AirForceWorld.com
- Jackson 2003, pp. 78–79.
- Fuselage length
- "Z-11 Specifications". sinodefence.com. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Jackson, Paul. Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004. Coulsdon, UK: Jane's Information Group, 2003. ISBN 0 7106 2537 5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changhe helicopters.|