Changhua TRA station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Changhua City, Changhua County
|Distance||210.9 km from Keelung
90.2 km from Zhunan
|Classification||一等站 (Taiwan Railways Administration level)|
|Opened||26 March 1905|
|Rebuilt||15 June 1959|
|Previous names||彰化驛 (Japanese)|
|Passengers||29,090 daily (2014)|
Changhua (Chinese: 彰化車站; pinyin: Zhānghuà Chēzhàn) is a railway station on the Taiwan Railways Administration (TRA) West Coast line located in Changhua City, Changhua County, Taiwan. It is located at the southern junction of the Taichung line and Coastal line, where the line continues onto the southern section of the West Coast line.
The station has two island platforms and one side platform. Currently, there is an overpass at the south side of the station to access the back station platforms. A cross-platform station is currently under construction on the north side.
- 26 March 1905: The station opened as Changhua-eki (彰化驛).
- 1918: The second-generation station was completed.
- 1922: The fan-shaped depot was constructed, as well as an overpass for the station.
- 10 December 1958: Construction on the current station is completed.
- 15 June 1959: The current station begins service. Also, a restaurant in the station was built (it has since ceased operating).
- 19 January 2004: The fan-shaped depot is designated as a historical site.
- 27 May 2005: Renovation on the fan-shaped depot is completed.
- 25 February 2008: In order to increase service, the Taroko Express begins stopping at the station.
|1||1||■ West Coast line (Southbound)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ South-Link line (Southbound)||Toward Taitung|
|■ Jiji line (Southbound)||Toward Jiji, Checheng|
|2||2B||■ West Coast line (Northbound, through traffic)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (Southbound, through traffic)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|■ West Coast line (Northbound departure for Coastal line)||Toward Dajia, Zhunan, Hsinchu|
|3||3A||■ West Coast line (Northbound)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (Southbound cross-line)||Toward Suao, Hualien, Taitung|
|4||3B||■ West Coast line (Northbound)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (Northbound departure)||Toward Taichung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (Southbound Departure)||Toward Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
Around the station
- Changhua Arts Museum
- Changhua City Library
- Changhua County Art Museum
- Changhua County Council
- Changhua County Government
- Changhua Girls' Senior High School
- Changhua Wude Hall
- Chienkuo Technology University
- Kaihua Temple
- National Changhua University of Education
- Yuanching Temple
- Changhua Fan-Shaped Depot
- Changhua City Office
- Taiwan Theater
- Changhua Theater
- Changhua County Police Department
- Changhua bus transfer stations
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railways Administration||Following station|
|West Coast line||Huatan
- "Volume of Passenger and Freight Traffic" (PDF). Taiwan Railway Administration. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TRA Changhua Station.|
|This Taiwanese rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|