Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant
|Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Commission date||25 December 2015|
|Construction cost||20 billion yuan (US$3 billion) for Phase I|
|Owner(s)||China National Nuclear Corporation, China Huaneng Group|
|Operator(s)||China National Nuclear Corporation|
|Nuclear power station|
|Cooling source||Gulf of Tonkin|
|Units operational||2 × 650 MW|
|Units planned||2 × 650 MW|
|Nameplate capacity||1,300 MW|
Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant is a nuclear power plant in Tangxing Village of Haiwei Township, Changjiang Li Autonomous County in the province of Hainan. It is the first power plant of its kind in the province.
Construction of the first phase of the plant which consists of two reactors was approved by the National Development and Reform Commission in July 2008. Site works began in December 2008 and the first concrete was poured at the first unit on 25 April 2010. The plant was built by China National Nuclear Corporation and China Huaneng Group. Unit 1 was connected to the electricity grid on 7 November 2015 and is commercially operating starting on 25 December 2015.
The plant will be built in two phases, both consisting of two CNP-600 pressurized water reactors, with a capacity of 650 MW each. The first unit was connected to the grid November 7, 2015 and second unit is scheduled for operations start by 2016. More than 70% of the equipment was planned to be indigenously made.
|Unit||Type||Construction start||Operation start||Notes|
|Changjiang 1||CNP-600||25 April 2010||25 December 2015|| |
|Changjiang 2||CNP-600||21 November 2010||12 August 2016|| |
- "Nuclear power plant in southern China begins construction". People's Daily. 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "Construction start at Hainan plant". World Nuclear News. 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Jim Bai; Tom Miles (2010-04-26). "CNNC says starts building Changjiang nuclear plant". Reuters. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "China's Changjiang 1 enters commercial operation". World Nuclear News. 30 December 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Alstom to outfit China's 600-MW Hainan Qiongzhong pumped-storage plant" HydroWorld, 2014. Retrieved: 21 January 2015.
- "Changjiang 1". Power Reactor Information System (PRIS). International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). 2016-08-18. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Construction starts on second Hainan reactor". World Nuclear News. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- "Changjiang 2". PRIS. IAEA. 2016-08-18. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Nuclear Power in China". Information Papers. World Nuclear Association (WNA). 30 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-11.