Location of Changping District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||8 subdistricts
|District seat||Chengbei Subdistrict (城北街道)|
|• Total||1,430 km2 (550 sq mi)|
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Changping District, covering an area of 1,430 square kilometres (550 sq mi), contains two subdistricts of the city of Changping and 15 towns (five of which are suburbs of Beijing) with total population of 614,821 (2000 census). About 34 km (21 mi) from the city center, Changping is renowned for its numerous scenic spots and tourist facilities, like Datangshan museum. It is rich in natural resources, mineral products, and rural products.
The urban area of Changping (116,961 in subdistricts) has an area of 16 km2 (6.2 sq mi) and an estimated population of 130,000. Other major urban areas are Nankou (70,000) and Yangfang (40,000).
Changping District is now connected to the Beijing Subway System via the Changping Line  The line terminus is at Changping Xishankou, and the Changping Line connects to Line 8 at Zhuxinzhuang station and Line 13 at Xi'erqi Station.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Chengbei Subdistrict||城北街道||Chéngběi Jiēdào||187,228||18.90|
|Chengnan Subdistrict||城南街道||Chéngnán Jiēdào||58,127||14.13|
|Huilongguan Subdistrict||回龙观街道||Huílóngguān Jiēdào||306,311|
|Longzeyuan Subdistrict||龙泽园街道||Lóngzéyuán Jiēdào|
|Shigezhuang Subdistrict||史各庄街道||Shǐgèzhuāng Jiēdào|
|Tiantongyuanbei Subdistrict||天通苑北街道||Tiāntōngyuànběi Jiēdào||359,415||4.70|
|Tiantongyuannan Subdistrict||天通苑南街道||Tiāntōngyuànnán Jiēdào||5.60|
|Huoying Subdistrict||霍营街道||Huòyíng Jiēdào||4.60|
|Dongxiaokou Area||东小口地区||Dōngxiǎokǒu Dìqū||32.20|
|Nankou Area||南口地区||Nánkǒu Dìqū||67,811||202.50|
|Machikou Area||马池口地区||Mǎchíkǒu Dìqū||73905||58.40|
|Shahe Area||沙河地区||Shāhé Dìqū||110,808||56.00|
|Yangfang Town||阳坊镇||Yángfāng Zhèn||23,701||40.52|
|Xiaotangshan Town||小汤山镇||Xiǎotāngshān Zhèn||55,737||70.10|
|Nanshao Town||南邵镇||Nánshào Zhèn||24,180||35.20|
|Cuicun Town||崔村镇||Cuīcūn Zhèn||21,319||60.00|
|Baishan Town||百善镇||Bǎi shàn Zhèn||21,662||35.14|
|Beiqijia Town||北七家镇||Běiqījiā Zhèn||263,323||21.4|
|Liucun Town||流村镇||Liúcūn Zhèn||17,900||257.00|
|Shisanling Town||十三陵镇||Shísānlíng Zhèn||20,911||158.80|
|Xingshou Town||兴寿镇||Xìngshòu Zhèn||33,139||75.00|
|Yanshou Town||延寿镇||Yánshòu Zhèn||113.31|
- Ming Dynasty Tombs
- Cloud Platform at Juyong Pass, one of the "three great mountain passes" of the Great Wall of China
- Triathlon Venue for the Triathlon at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Qincheng Prison of the Ministry of Public Security (near Xiaotangshan)
- Wonderland Amusement Park (Beijing)
- Line 5 - Tiantongyuan North, Tiantongyuan, Tiantongyuan South
- Line 8 - Zhuxinzhuang , Yuzhilu, Pingxifu, Huilongguan Dongdajie, Huoying
- Line 13 - Longze, Huilongguan, Huoying
- Changping Line - Life Science Park, Zhuxinzhuang , Gonghuacheng, Shahe, Shahe University Park, Nanshao, Beishaowa, Changping Dongguan, Changping, Ming Tombs, Changping Xishankou
- BCR Line S2 - Changping Railway, Nankou
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
Colleges and universities
Centural University of Finance and Economics
Primary and secondary schools
- Beijing Huijia Private School is in Changping District.
- Beijing Royal School
- The Korean International School in Beijing was previously located in Changping District.
- These towns are officially classified as subdistricts, but as they coincide with the area of the same name, they are commonly named "areas" (地区)
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：昌平区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "秦城：“中国第一监狱”大揭秘(图)." Shanghai Prison. December 31, 2009. Retrieved on February 2, 2011. "秦城监狱位于北京市昌平区小汤山镇附近，[...]"
- "Home." China University of Petroleum-Beijing. Retrieved on January 17, 2016. "China University of Petroleum-Beijing, 18 Fuxue Road, Changping, Beijing China"
- "Contact Us." Beijing Huijia Private School. Retrieved on October 3, 2015. "Add.: No.157 Changhuai Road, Changping District, Beijing" Chinese version. "地址： 北京市昌平区昌怀路157号"
- Home page (Archive). Korean International School in Beijing. January 1, 2006. Retrieved on January 25, 2014. "北京市昌平區7里渠南村531號"
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Changping District.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changping District.|
- Changping District (in simplified Chinese)