Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway
|Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway|
|Status||Changsha South - Kunming South|
|Locale||Hunan, Guizhou, and Yunnan|
|Opened||Changsha South - Xinhuang West|
December 16, 2014
|Operator(s)||China Railway High-speed|
|Line length||1,167 km (725 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Operating speed||350 km/h (220 mph)|
Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway (simplified Chinese: 长昆高速铁路; traditional Chinese: 長昆高速鐵路; pinyin: Chăng-Kūn Gāosù Tíelù) is a China Railway High-speed line connecting Changsha and Kunming, respectively the provincial capitals of Hunan and Yunnan. It is the western end of a larger rail project, the Shanghai–Kunming high-speed railway, which is one of the Ministry of Railways's strategic four east–west high-speed railways, and an integral part of the long-term railway network plan.
The full-length of the project is 1,167 km (725 mi), passenger line, with an operational speed of 300 km/h (190 mph) but designed to allow up to speeds of 350 km/h (220 mph). Approved by Chinese authorities on March 26, 2010, held a construction mobilization meeting, it officially started construction in September 2010. The line from Changsha South to Xinhuang West opened December 16, 2014. Xinhuang West to Guiyang North opened in June 2015. The rest of the project was expected to be to open to traffic by November 30, 2016. The full length of the line was opened to traffic on December 28, 2016.
Located Within Hunan is Changsha South, Xiangtan North, Shaoshan South, Loudi South, Shaoyang North, Xinhua South, Xupu South, Huaihua South, Zhijiang and Xinhuang West. 10 stations are located in Guizhou province, Tongren South, Sansui, Kaili South, Guiding North, Guiyang East, Guiyang North, Pingba South, Anshun West, Guanling, Puan and Panxian. Located in Yunnan province, are Fuyuan North, Qujing North, Songming and Kunming South, with four other stations proposed for the province.
- July 2008, the Ministry of Railways redevelops and publishes a new "long-term railway network plan" featuring the Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway.
- December 6–7, 2008, the Ministry of Railways joins with municipal and county governments along the railway line, a consultative company, Shanghai Railway Bureau, Nanchang Railway Bureau, Guangzhou Railway Group, the Chengdu Railway Bureau, Kunming Railway and other units at a meeting held in Changsha. Examining the Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway Passenger Dedicated pre-feasibility study and discussing its construction.
- March 6, 2010, Construction commences.
- December 16, 2014, Changsha–Kunming high-speed railway opens the segment from Changsha South to Xinhuang West.
- June 17, 2015, Segment from Xinhuang to Guiyang opens for ticket sales with traffic to commence on June 18, commencing between Changsha South - North Guiyang with 6 pairs of trains.
- May 31, 2016, Guizhou-Yunnan section completed track laying 
- July 5, 2016, Guizhou-Yunnan section commenced testing 
- December 28, 2016, the western section of Guizhou and the Yunnan section of the Changsha–Kunming passenger line were opened to traffic. Thus the whole line is now complete and opened for traffic.
- 云南在建铁路项目简介. Archived from the original on November 6, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- 长怀高铁月底将通车 最快或只要78分钟. 2014-12-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2016-11-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "新建沪昆铁路客运专线长沙至昆明段（云南段）站前工程施工总价承包招标资格预审公告". 中国建设工程招标网. June 30, 2010. Archived from the original on January 9, 2014. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- 杭长、长昆铁路客运专线预可研审查会在长沙召开 我市争取到在东乡设立抚州东站[permanent dead link]
- 长怀高铁月底将通车 最快或只要78分钟
- "今起3小时高铁到贵阳". 长沙晚报. 2015-06-18. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "沪昆高铁怀化至贵阳段18日正式运营 怀化南至贵阳北最快仅需1小时36分". 怀化新闻网. 2015-06-17. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
- "沪昆高铁客专贵州西段与云南段昨日成功接轨". 贵州日报. 2016-06-01.
- "沪昆客专云南段启动联调联试 年底开通运营". 中国新闻网. 2016-07-05.