Changshou District in Chongqing
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Changshou (simplified Chinese: 长寿区; traditional Chinese: 長壽區; pinyin: Chángshòu Qū) is one of districts in Chongqing, China, located by Yangtze river, with a history spanning several thousands years. Changshou is 80 km away from Yuzhong of Chongqing city.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Fengcheng Subdistrict||凤城街道||Fèngchéng Jiēdào||175,576|
|Yanjia Subdistrict||晏家街道||Yànjiā Jiēdào||72,825|
|Jiangnan Subdistrict||江南街道||Jiāngnán Jiēdào||21,509|
|Duzhou Subdistrict||渡舟街道||Dùzhōu Jiēdào||51,888|
|Linfeng Town||邻封镇||Línfēng Zhèn||23,868|
|Dandu Town||但渡镇||Dàndù Zhèn||14,497|
|Yunji Town||云集镇||Yúnjí Zhèn||27,564|
|Changshouhu Town||长寿湖镇||Chángshòuhú Zhèn||37,839|
|Shuanglong Town||双龙镇||Shuānglóng Zhèn||29,213|
|Longhe Town||龙河镇||Lónghé Zhèn||35,561|
|Shiyan Town||石堰镇||Shíyàn Zhèn||48,193|
|Yuntai Town||云台镇||Yúntái Zhèn||40,328|
|Haitang Town||海棠镇||Hǎitáng Zhèn||24,252|
|Gelan Town||葛兰镇||Gélán Zhèn||55,938|
|Xinshi Town||新市镇||Xīnshì Zhèn||21,578|
|Bake Town||八颗镇||Bākē Zhèn||36,698|
|Honghu Town||洪湖镇||Hónghú Zhèn||30,426|
|Wanshun Town||万顺镇||Wànshùn Zhèn||22,256|
Changshou enjoys a history of 2300 years.
- In 316 BC, a Zhi county was establied here.
- In 226 AD, it was renamed Jiangzhou county.
- In 519, it was renamed as Lewen county.
- In 1362, it was renamed as Changshou county.
- In 1959, Changshou county was put under the administration of Chongqing city.
- In 2002, Changshou city was changed into Changshou district, Chongjin, a county-level division of Chongqing.
Until the end of 2013, there are 369321 households，the total population is 906732.Among them, the non-agriculture population is 310531 ，agriculture population is 596201.
Changshou is located in 106°49’22” E-107°27’30”E of longitude and 29°43’ N-30°12’30”N of latitude. with 56.56 km wide from south to north, and 57.5 km long from east to west. The altitude in the area is between 154-1034.2m. ChangShou is classified as shallow hill area, sloops in the area are relatively smooth.
Its climate belongs to subtropic monsoon weather style, with an annual average temperature of 18.1℃, annual accumulated temperature of 6000°C, monthly average temperature of 6.7℃ in January 28.4℃ in July, annual total rainfall of 1152.3mm, annual radiation of 1221 hours and frost-free period of 331days.
Chongqing- Fuling Freeway and other two freeways are intersected in Changshou area. Chongqing- Wanzhou Railway is under construction to provide transportation for businesses and tourists. Changshou has two Yangtze River crossings, a road and a railway bridge.
Famous tourist attractions include Lake Changshou, which is a man-made lake of 60 km²; Changshou Ancient Town; Puti Mountain and Dongling Temple.
Special Local Product
- Changshou Grapefruit
- Changshou Rice Noodle
- Blood Tofu
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- Government website of Changshou (in Simplified Chinese)
|This Chongqing location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|