|Traded as||NASDAQ: CYOU|
|Genre||massively multiplayer online games|
|Predecessor||An online games unit of Sohu|
|Founded||August 6, 2007|
|Literal meaning||Beijing "Swim Generation" Digital Technology Co Ltd|
Changyou.com ltd operates online games, primarily massively multiplayer online games, in China. Originally an internal division of Chinese Internet company Sohu, Changyou was spun off and went public in 2009. The company claims it was operating independently of Sohu as early as 2007.
Some of its games derive revenue from the sale of virtual goods and many are licensed rather than developed in-house. Such deals have help its roster of MMORPGs swell from two in 2009 to nearly a dozen as of 2014.
Changyou in 2014 created a third party app store named Mobogenie.
C. 2009 its most popular game may have been the MMO Tian Long Ba Bu (Chinese: 天龙八部), which translated means "Novel of Eight Demigods." Some games in its portfolio of MMORPGs are available to play outside of China in countries including Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, and Vietnam.
- "Changyou.com Ltd (CYOU.O): FULL DESCRIPTION". Thompson Reuters. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "ITEM 4. INFORMATION ON THE COMPANY History and Development of the Company". UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION: FORM 20-F; CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED. US Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Greenberg, Andy (04.02.09, 06:15 PM EDT). "Sohu's Ambitious Stepchild". Forbes. Retrieved May 29, 2012. Check date values in:
- "Company Overview". changyou.com. ChangYou.com Limited. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
Our MMOG business began operations as a business unit within the Sohu Group in 2003, before our carve-out as a separate, stand-alone company in December 2007 and subsequent listing on the NASDAQ Global Select Market in April 2009.
- "Changyou Selects PlaySpan's UltimatePay for its Online Game Properties". playspan.com. PlaySpan, Inc. 2010-03-18. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- For licensing of Blade Online, Blade Hero 2, Da Hua Shui Hu and Zhong Hua Ying Xiong, see "Gaming Industry: Changyou Signs Office Building Purchase Agreement." Investrend. COMTEX News Network, Inc. 2010. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- For licensing of Battlefield Online, see "Sohu.com Announces Changyou.com Began Open Beta Testing of "Battlefield Online" on November 15, 2012." China Weekly News. NewsRX. 2012. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- For licensing of Immortal Faith, and Legend of Ancient World, see "China In-Focus: Changyou Sells 8.625 Million Shares In IPO." Investrend. COMTEX News Network, Inc. 2009. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- For licensing of San Jie Qi Yuan, see "Sohu.com Kicks Off Open Beta Testing of 'San Jie Qi Yuan' by Changyou.com." Entertainment Close-up. Close-Up Media, Inc. 2010. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- "China In-Focus: Changyou Sells 8.625 Million Shares In IPO." Investrend. COMTEX News Network, Inc. April 8 2009. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- "Game Type > MMOG". ChangYou.com Limited. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Le chinois Changyou.com défie le NASDAQ". L’Atelier (in French). L’Atelier BNP Paribas. 26 March 2009. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- "ChangYou.com Opens U.S. Subsidiary and Launches Its First Online Game in U.S." China Weekly News. NewsRX. 2009. HighBeam Research. 2 Jun. 2014
- "Sohu.com to Acquire Majority Stake in 7Road by Changyou.com." Entertainment Close-up. Close-Up Media, Inc. 2011. HighBeam Research.
- Changyou India English website for Indian users
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|