|Founded||1978 (as Express Air Services)|
|Ceased operations||January 2006 (rebranded as Jet2)|
|Fleet size||10 (2005)|
Channel Express (Air Services) Limited was an airline with its head office in Building 470 at Bournemouth International Airport in Christchurch, Dorset, near Bournemouth. It operated scheduled services from Bournemouth to the Channel Islands and nightly cargo services to Europe and throughout the UK on behalf of Royal Mail and other overnight express carriers. Short notice and ad hoc charters were also operated throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, as well as wet-lease operations on behalf of major scheduled airlines. Its main base was Bournemouth International Airport (BOH).
In January 2006 the name Channel Express was dropped, and the company rebranded entirely to become Jet2, the name given to the company's successful low cost airline.
The airline was established in January 1978 and started operations in 1978. It started with daily services to the Channel Islands under the name of Express Air Services using Handley Page Dart Herald aircraft. After securing Post Office contracts in the early 1980s the airline adopted the Channel Express name in 1983. In 2002 Channel Express established its low cost brand Jet2, whose name it took in January 2006.
As of 2005 the Channel Express fleet was made up of:
- Czech Republic
- Barcelona - Barcelona El Prat Airport
- Palma de Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Murcia - Murcia–San Javier Airport
- United Kingdom
- Aberdeen - Aberdeen Dyce Airport
- Bournemouth - Bournemouth Airport
- Nottingham - East Midlands Airport
- Edinburgh - Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport
- London - Gatwick Airport
- London - Stansted Airport
- Manchester - Manchester Airport
- "Contact Information[permanent dead link]." Channel Express. Retrieved on 31 December 2011. "Channel Express (Air Services) Limited Building 470 Bournemouth International Airport Christchurch Dorset. BH23 6SE."
- Flight International 3 April 2007
- "Fleet Data". Planespotters.net.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Channel Express.|