Channelview Independent School District
Channelview Independent School District is a school district in Channelview, a census-designated place in an unincorporated area of Harris County, Texas, United States. As of 2012, CISD's superintendent is Greg Ollis.
The district was established in 1937.
Starting in the 2007-2008 school year, Channelview ISD will be combining the Primary and Elementary schools into K-5 schools and Cobb Elementary will take all 6th Grade students in the district. In the spring of 2008, CISD will open the new Kolarik Freshman campus, right next to the current high school. Formerly, Channelview ISD operated on a K-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-12 grade level split.
All students in grades Kindergarten through 8 are required to wear school uniforms. The Texas Education Agency specifies that the parents and/or guardians of students zoned to a school with uniforms may apply for a waiver to opt out of the uniform policy so their children do not have to wear the uniform; parents must specify "bona fide" reasons, such as religious reasons or philosophical objections.
- Channelview High School
- Kolarik 9th Grade Center
- Alice Johnson Junior High School
- Lance Cpl. Anthony Aguirre Junior High
- Harvey Brown
- Channelview Children's Center
- "Welcome to Channelview ISD." Channelview Independent School District. Retrieved on December 25, 2008.
- "Channelview CDP." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 25, 2008.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- "About CISD." Channelview Independent School District. Retrieved on October 21, 2011.
- New Grade Alignment and Attendance Zones, CISD News Website, http://channelview.isd.esc4.net/news.asp?entryID=274&page=4
- "2008-2009 Dress Code." Channelview Independent School District. Retrieved on December 8, 2008.
- "DOCKET NO. 008-R5-901." Texas Education Agency. Accessed October 13, 2008.