AWS Cloud 2016.
|Born||January 19, 1973|
|Employer||Amazon Web Services|
|Known for||Cloud computing, Open-source software, HTML5, Mozilla|
|Revised Romanization||Yun Seokchan|
Seokchan "Channy" Yun (윤석찬; born January 19, 1973) is a South Korean technologist. He promotes Web standards for Web interoperability in South Korea, with a particular focus on encouraging adoption of Firefox. He was an invited expert in W3C and contributed Web standards such as HTML5 and Web cryptography API. He also founded WebStandards Korea as a member of the International Liaison Group of Web Standards Project which is an active advocate for Web standards and best practices either in their country of origin or domicile.
Yun is known one of powerful voices of open-source software in Twitter, according to Chris Preimesberger of eWeek, who described him as "one of South Korea's top tech writers".  Yun is well-known technical writers which maintains his own blog, wrote over 50 columns in ZDNet Korea , and was Asian editorial adviser of Lift Conference Asia. He was one of the founders of BarCamp Seoul and WebAppsCon.
He formerly held the position of CTO of Nine4u, South Korea's first Korean online music & radio service, before joining Daum Communications, the operator of the Daum web portal. At Daum, he was a technology evangelist, supporting third-party developers using Daum's Open API and started the first Korean Open-source software class as an adjunct professor, Dept. of Computer Engineering at Jeju National University.
- Evan Ramstad; Jaeyeon Woo (30 June 2010). "South Korea Relaxes Curbs on Web Browsers". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 2016-03-14.
- "HTML 5.2". W3.org. World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). 14 December 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Watson, Mark (Editor). "Web Cryptography API W3C Recommendation 26 January 2017". W3C. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Web Standards Korea". webstandards.or.kr.
- "ILG Members - The Web Standards Project". webstandards.org.
- Chris Preimesberger (18 March 2010). "MindTouch Names 20 Most Powerful Open-Source Voices of 2010 at OSBC". Eweek.com.
- "A list of Channy Yun's columns". ZDNet Korea (in Korean).
- Russell, Mark James (2012). Pop Goes Korea : Behind the Revolution in Movies, Music, and Internet Culture. Berkeley, California: Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 9781611725421. OCLC 817875176.
- Oh Yejin (오예진) (3 December 2013). 다음, 검색·지도 등 개방형API 사용량 월3억건 돌파 [Daum, 300 million Open APIs traffic per month]. Yonhapnews (in Korean).
- Seo Myungdeok (서명덕) (29 August 2007). 국내 최초 '오픈소스' 대학 강의 떴다 [The first 'open source' university course in the country]. Chosun Ilbo (in Korean).
- Do Ahngu (도안구) (22 June 2009). 오픈소스를말한다 ⑭윤석찬 한국모질라 리더 [Open Source Interview ⑭ Channy Yun, a leader of Mozilla Korea]. Bloter.net (in Korean).
- Editorial (30 October 2012). 빅데이터월드 2012, 다음 윤석찬 팀장 "오픈소스 내재화 통해 실시간 분석으로" [Big Data World 2012, Channy Yun "To real time analysis with the open source internalization"]. IDG Korea (in Korean).
- Hwang Chikyu (황치규) (29 December 2014). 아마존클라우드, 내년 한국사업 3가지 키워드 [Amazon Cloud's three keywords for Korean business in next year]. ZDNet Korea (in Korean).
- Channy's blog, official blog