AWS Cloud 2016.
January 19, 1973|
|Employer||Amazon Web Services|
|Known for||Open-source software, HTML5, Mozilla|
Channy "Seokchan" Yun(Hangul: 윤석찬; born January 19, 1973) has promoted Web standards for Web interoperability in Korea, according to Evan Ramstead of The Wall Street Journal, as "a leader in Korea's community that promotes open-source browsers developed by nonprofit software organization Mozilla".
Channy is also known one of powerful voices of Open-source software in Twitter, according to Chris Preimesberger of eWeek, as "one of South Korea's top tech writers. he has written in columns for ZDNet Korea and his own Channy's Blog. he's a founder of BarCamp Seoul and WebAppsCon, and is Asian editorial adviser of Lift Conference Asia and was CTO of Nine4u" before joining Daum (web portal).
Channy was Technology evangelist of Daum Communications to support 3rd party developers using Daum's Open API and started the first Korean Open-source software class as an adjunct professor, dept. of Computer Engineering at Jeju National University.
- Evan Ramstead (30 June 2010). "South Korea Relaxes Curbs on Web Browsers". The Wall Street Journal.
- Chris Preimesberger (18 March 2010). "MindTouch Names 20 Most Powerful Open-Source Voices of 2010 at OSBC". Eweek.com.
- Oh Yejin(오예진) (3 December 2013). "다음, 검색·지도 등 개방형API 사용량 월3억건 돌파" [Daum, 300 million Open APIs traffic per month]. Yonhapnews (in Korean).
- Seo Myungdeok(서명덕) (29 August 2007). "국내 최초 '오픈소스' 대학 강의 떴다" [The first Open Source Software Class in Korea]. Chosunilbo (in Korean).
- Do Ahngu(도안구) (22 June 2009). "오픈소스를말한다 ⑭윤석찬 한국모질라 리더" [Open Source Interview ⑭ Channy Yun, a leader of Mozilla Korea]. Bloter.net (in Korean).
- Editorial (30 October 2012). "빅데이터월드 2012, 다음 윤석찬 팀장 "오픈소스 내재화 통해 실시간 분석으로"" [Big Data World 2012, Channy Yun "To real time analysis with the open source internalization"]. IDG Korea (in Korean).
- Hwang Chikyu(황치규) (29 December 2014). "아마존클라우드, 내년 한국사업 3가지 키워드" [Amazon Cloud's three keywords for Korean business in next year]. ZDNet Korea (in Korean).