From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chant or chanting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A chant is the rhythmic speaking or singing of words or sounds.
Chant or Chants may also refer to:
- Chant (Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos album), 1994
- Chant: Music For Paradise (titled Chant: Music for the Soul in the US), a 2008 album performed by the Heiligenkreuz Abbey
- Chant (Donald Byrd album), 1979
- Chant (Merzbow album), 1985
- Chants (Craig Taborn album), 2012
- Chants R&B, a rhythm and blues band from Christchurch, New Zealand
- Chant (crater), a lunar crater
- Chant (horse) (born 1891), American Thoroughbred racehorse that won the 1894 Kentucky Derby
- CHANT (ship type), a type of coastal tanker built in the UK during the Second World War
- Chant (band), a tribal-industrial drum project from Austin, Texas
Chant is the surname of:
- Barry Chant (born 1938), Australian author and co-founder of Tabor College Australia
- Christopher Chant, fictional nine-lived enchanter in the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones
- Clarence Chant (1865–1956), Canadian astronomer and physicist
- Donald Chant (1928–2007), Canadian biologist
- Ken Chant (born 1933), Australian Pentecostal pastor
- Joy Chant (born 1945), British fantasy author
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chant.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.