||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
December 19, 1960 |
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Juillet won all the major Canadian music competitions in her category by the age of 16 and was launched into international renown when she received First Prize at the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in New York City. In 1979 she was awarded the Prix d'Europe. For many years, Juillet has been a regular collaborator with and musical assistant to conductor Charles Dutoit, whom she married in February 2010.
Juillet founded the Saratoga Chamber Music Festival in 1991 and has served as its artistic director since its founding. Juillet is also involved with music teaching through her work as head of chamber music of the Pacific Music Festival, and director of the chamber music department of the Canton International Summer Music Academy (CISMA). In addition,
- Peter Dobrin (2008-08-10). "Dutoit eager to tackle Phila. and the world". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2008-08-11.[dead link]
- Kaptainis, Arthur (2010-02-11), "Charles Dutoit marries Montreal-born violinist Chantal Juillet", The Montreal Gazette, archived from the original on February 15, 2010
- Geraldine Freedman (2008-08-03). "Classical music comes to SPAC - Saratoga Chamber Music Festival". Schenectady Daily Gazette. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- Joyce Hor-Chung Lau (2005-07-21). "Training musicians, not stars, in China". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- Order of Canada citation
- National Order of Quebec citation (French)
- Chantal Juillet at The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Journal d'une création - Film directed by James Dormeyer with Chantal Juillet, Charles Dutoit and André Prévost
|This article about a Canadian classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a violinist or fiddler is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|