|Years active||2000, 2005 (singer)
Chantelle Barry is an Australian singer-songwriter and actress from Perth, best known for being in the original line up of girl group Bardot. She left the group suddenly, only weeks after the group was formed on the first series of the Australian version of Popstars.
Rumours in magazines and newspapers suggested that Barry had been caught stealing items from other members (who at the time were forced to live together) and was ordered to leave the group. Barry remained silent on the issue until 2006, when she appeared on Where Are They Now. She claimed to have accidentally kept member Sophie Monk's money allowance with the intention of giving it back to her and was removed from the group after forgetting to do so. She was replaced by Tiffani Wood in the final line up.
During the next years after leaving Australia, Barry appeared in independent films and in small roles on the television series Water Rats, General Hospital, Entourage and How I Met Your Mother. She also placed third in the Song of the Year songwriting contest and reached the quarter-finals in the Music Nation online music competition. Barry also appeared in two pictorials for FHM, one in the months after leaving Bardot and another in 2007.
Barry currently plays the recurring role of Nina, a friend of main character Naomi Clark on the television series 90210. In August 2009, she officially launched her debut solo album Simple Things in the U.S. She also appeared in the film The House That Jack Built.
- Where Are They Now, February 2006, Seven Network.
- "Chantelle Barry likes mean girl 90210 role after Sophie Monk saga". News.com.au. 8 September 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "What is Chantelle Barry doing these days?". Mediasearch.com.au. 6 May 2007. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Chantelle Barry hits Hollywood high with part in 90210 spin-off". News.com.au. 27 August 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Barry in the new 90210". Watoday.com.au. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2011.