Chanty Marostica, formerly known as Chantel Marostica, is a Canadian stand-up comedian, who won SiriusXM Canada's Top Comic competition in 2018 and received a Juno Award nomination for Comedy Album of the Year at the Juno Awards of 2019 for The Chanty Show.
Originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, they are currently based in Toronto, Ontario. They organize a number of events for LGBTQ comedians, including Church Street Comedy nights at Pegasus, and the touring comedy show Queer and Present Danger.
- "Trans comedian Chanty Marostica is reinventing the landscape of stand-up — and it's about damn time". CBC Arts, October 10, 2018.
- "Winnipeg comedian named top comic at national competition". CBC News Winnipeg, September 29, 2018.
- "Shawn Mendes and the Weeknd lead the 2019 Juno nominations". CBC Music, January 29, 2019.
- "Bye-bye, boobies". Winnipeg Free Press, December 22, 2016.
- "Nominations & Awards Archives". Canadian Comedy Awards. 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
|This article about a Canadian comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|