Chaos on Deponia
|Chaos on Deponia|
North American cover art
Mac OS X
Chaos on Deponia is a 2012 point-and-click adventure game developed and published by Daedalic Entertainment. A sequel to Deponia, it continues the story of the main character Rufus as he attempts to escape from his home planet Deponia.
The core gameplay has remained unchanged from the previous installment. The player controls Rufus across various highly detailed backgrounds, collecting and combining smaller objects and interacting with machines in order to solve puzzles and advance the plot further.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Chaos on Deponia and its predecessor, Deponia, totaled 200,000 global sales by April 2013. The Deponia series overall achieved sales of 2.2 million copies by 2016, most of which derived from deep-discount sales, according to Daedalic's Carsten Fichtelmann. He noted that "full price sales were a little part of that [2.2 million] number".
Reviews for Chaos on Deponia have been generally positive as it received an average of 78/100 on review aggregator website Metacritic. Critics praised the game for improvements of the pacing and writing over its predecessor, with others calling it too similar to the first game but still enjoyable.
- Deponia, first installment in the series
- Goodbye Deponia, third installment in the series
- Deponia Doomsday, fourth installment in the series
- Estrada, Marcus (8 July 2014). "Deponia: The Complete Journey Launches on Steam - Hardcore Gamer". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Chaos on Deponia Review". The Escapist. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Chaos auf Deponia - Test" (in German). Eurogamer. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "New screenshots released, confirmed E3 appearance– and original Deponia on sale on Steam today (66% OFF)!" (Press release). Hamburg: Develop. April 24, 2013. Archived from the original on July 17, 2018.
- Karkalemis, Manos (February 28, 2016). "Interviews with the Daedalic Entertainment team". Ragequit.gr. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016.
- "Chaos on Deponia". Metacritic. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Chaos on Deponia Official website
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|