Chapel of St Domenica, Dingli
|Chapel of Saint Domenica|
Kappella ta' Santa Domenika
|35°51′48.2″N 14°23′4.4″E / 35.863389°N 14.384556°E|
The Chapel of St Domenica (Maltese: Kappella ta' Santa Domenika) is a Roman Catholic chapel in Dingli, Malta, which is dedicated to Saint Domenica. It was built in the 17th century.
The chapel of St Domenica was established in 1669 by the nobleman Marc'Antonio Inguanez, and it was constructed on his lands as jus patronatus. It is annexed to the garden of Diar il-Bniet.
Today, Mass is celebrated within the chapel once a year. The building is listed on the National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands.
The chapel is small and it has a simple façade which includes a rectangular door and window, flanked by flat pilasters with Doric capitals on either side. Above the pilasters there is an entablature and a triangular pediment which is topped by a small stone cross. The chapel has a single altar.
- ^ a b Guillaumier, Alfie (1987). Bliet u Rħula Maltin (in Maltese). Valletta: Valletta Publishing & Promotion Co Ltd. p. 160.
- ^ a b c "Chapel of Sta. Domenica" (PDF). National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands. 28 March 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 October 2020.
- ^ "DIB Estate". Diar il-Bniet. Archived from the original on 3 November 2019.
- ^ "Ħad‑Dingli". Archdiocese of Malta. Archived from the original on 6 October 2020.
- Media related to Chapel of St. Domenica, Dingli at Wikimedia Commons