Char Fasson Upazila
|• Total||1,106.31 km2 (427.15 sq mi)|
|• Density||309/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Charfasson is located at. It has 63,740 households and a total area of 1106.31 km².
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Charfasson had a population of 342038. Males constituted 51.49% of the population, and females 48.51%. The population aged 18 or over was 148319. Charfasson had an average literacy rate of 25.5% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
Points of interest
- Char Kukri Mukri
- Charfasson Eid Gah
- Charfession BM Town-Hall
- Kasem Gonj Islamia Dakhil Madrasha
- Kasem Gonj Bazar
- Maya Bridge
- Fassion Square
- Shashibhushon Bazar
- Kashem Gonj High School
Charfasson has 19 Unions/Wards, 71 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 75 villages.
According to Banglapedia, Char Fasson Tafnal Barret Secondary School, founded 1932, is a notable secondary school.
- Md Harun Rashid Helali (2012). "Char Fasson Upazila". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Bhola" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "List of Institutions". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
|This Barisal Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|