Arthur Dussault square inCharenton-le-pont
Paris and inner ring departments
|• Mayor (2016-2017)||Hervé Gicquel|
|1.85 km2 (0.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (43,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||28–57 m (92–187 ft) |
(avg. 36 m or 118 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
A Bronze Age hoard of weapons was found in the river Seine at Charenton in the late nineteenth century. Comprising swords, axes, spear heads and other miscellaneous objects, it is now in the British Museum.
On 1 January 1860, the city of Paris was enlarged by annexing neighbouring communes. On that occasion, half of the commune of Bercy was annexed to the city of the Paris, and the remaining half was annexed to Charenton-le-Pont.
In 1929, the commune of Charenton-le-Pont lost about a third of its territory when the city of Paris annexed the Bois de Vincennes, a small part of which belonged to Charenton-le-Pont.
- Public preschools (écoles maternelles): 4 vents, Cerisae, Champ des Alouettes, Conflans, Port au Lions, and Valmy
- Public elementary schools: Briand A, Briand B, Desnos, Pasteur, and Valmy
- Collège la Cerisaie (junior high school)
- Lycée Robert Schuman (public senior high school/sixth-form college)
- Notre dame des Missions (private school, elementary through senior high school/sixth form college)
Twin towns – Sister cities
Charenton-le-Pont is twinned with:
- Essilor, headquarters
- Natixis, the bank has three sites (Liberté 1, Liberté 2 et Bercy) with around 5,000 people
- Crédit Foncier de France, headquarters at 4 quai de Bercy
- Porto Cruz, plant and distribution platform
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- British Museum Collection
- "Les établissements scolaires de Charenton." Charenton. Retrieved on September 6, 2016.
- "British towns twinned with French towns [via WaybackMachine.com]". Archant Community Media Ltd. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Trowbridge - Market town twins with Arab city". BBC News. BBC News Channel. 2006-10-03. Archived from the original on 2006-10-13. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charenton-le-Pont.|
- Encyclopædia Britannica. 5 (11th ed.). 1911. .
- Charenton-le-Pont city council website (in French)
- Historical notes (in French)