|Industry||Electric vehicle infrastructure|
|Headquarters||Campbell, California, U.S.|
|Pasquale Romano, CEO|
|Products||Electric vehicle chargers|
|Revenue||US$146 million (2021)|
|US$-197 million (2021)|
Number of employees
|1,319 (October 31, 2021)|
ChargePoint (formerly Coulomb Technologies) is an American electric vehicle infrastructure company based in Campbell, California. ChargePoint operates the largest online network of independently owned EV charging stations operating in 14 countries and makes the technology used in it.
ChargePoint was founded in 2007 as Coulomb Technologies by Richard Lowenthal, Dave Baxter, Harjinder Bhade and Praveen Mandal.
In June 2017, ChargePoint took over 9,800 electric vehicle charging spots from GE. Prior to that point, ChargePoint managed 34,900 charging stations across Mexico, Australia, Canada, and the United States.
The current CEO and president as of 2018 is Pasquale Romano. On November 28, 2018, ChargePoint raised $240 million. At the time, ChargePoint maintained 57,000 charging spots. In 2019, VW's Electrify America and ChargePoint agreed to provide common access to their US customers.
Company reached 100,000 chargers in September 2019, while adding more than 2,000 charging locations per month 
ChargePoint electric vehicle charging spots are now in both of Disney's U.S. theme parks.
|Date||Number of "spots"|
|June 2017||35,900 |
|July 2018||47,000 |
|September 2018||53,000 |
|November 2018||57,000 |
|January 2019||58,000 |
|June 2019||65,000 |
|September 2019||100,000 |
|November 2019||103,700 |
|September 2020||114,000 |
|March 2022||174,000 |
The company "designs, develops and manufactures hardware and software solutions" for electric vehicles at large. Its business model, according to the Silicon Valley Business Journal, involves selling "its hardware and software to property owners, build a searchable network of charging stations for drivers and maintain individual stations."
ChargePoint Home - This is a small home charger that won an Edison Award for new product innovation and human-centered design. It is available in 16A and 32A versions. ChargePoint Home Flex added 50A charging support.
CT4000 Family - The CT4000 is intended for property owners, businesses and municipalities providing for charging stations for their employees, customers, residents and fleets. It was the first to support power sharing along multiple ports.
CP4000 Family - Three phase Mennekes charging for Europe, up to 22 kW. Can share a single three phase 63A circuit or use two separate 32A circuits.
CPE 100 and CPE 200 - ChargePoint Express DC fast chargers offer fast charging for most DC-capable electric vehicles. With an embedded AC-to-DC converter, they directly charge the vehicle battery and can charge some EVs in less than 30 minutes. Express stations are particularly suitable for short dwell time parking, freeway corridor locations and quick turnaround fleet charging. They can also be installed in workplaces to complement CT4000 stations for employees who need a quick charge. Express 100 is 24 kW, Express 200 is 50 kW, and Express 250 is 62.5 kW. Express 100 is available in separate CCS and CHAdeMO models, while Express 200 is larger and has both ports. Express 200 is a charging design licensed from Tritium.
CPF25 Family - The CPF25 is designed for select fleet and multi-family applications. For fleets, CPF25 stations are suited for depot charging. For multi-family communities, CPF25 stations are intended for personal charging in assigned parking spots. CPF32 is a European Type 2 version (still limited to single phase 32A charging). The CPF50 added 50A charging support.
Chargepoint Express Plus Family - The liquid-cooled, modular 400 kW charging system called "Express Plus" was launched in January 2017 at CES in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
CT1000 - NEMA 5-15 outlet only behind a door. First station ChargePoint created. Now rare with most being upgraded to CT2100.
CT1500 - 220 V 16 A outlets behind a door. Can be Schuko, BS 1363, or Australian outlets.
CT2000 - Single J1772.
CT2100 - J1772 and NEMA 5-20 charging on separate circuits.
CT2500 - Mennekes (IEC 62196) charging (single phase).
CT2020 family - Dual J1772 on separate circuits (no power sharing support).
CT500 - Small home charger (J1772), now replaced by ChargePoint Home.
CT3000 - 50 kW CHAdeMO fast charging
Tesla Model S being Charged at a ChargePoint.
Nissan Leaf Charging
Ford Focus being charged on a roadside ChargePoint station.
Chevrolet Volt being charged at a ChargePoint station.
- "Coulomb Technologies announces new smart-charging infrastructure for plug vehicles". ChargePoint.
- "Contact Information". ChargePoint. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- "The Essential Guide to EV Charging Networks in North America". PlugShare.com.
- Kirsten Korosec (November 28, 2018). "ChargePoint raises $240 million to serve an anticipated flood of electric vehicles". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- Paul Sawers (June 27, 2017). "ChargePoint takes over GE's 9,800 electric vehicle charging spots". VentureBeat. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- Luke Stangel (June 27, 2017). "ChargePoint picks up 10,000 new electric car charging stations from GE". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- Cromwell Schubarth (November 28, 2018). "ChargePoint plugs in $240M in what could be last funding before IPO". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- "Electrify America & ChargePoint Enter Into Roaming Agreement". CleanTechnica. 12 June 2019.
- "ChargePoint Celebrates 100,000 Places to Charge".
- https://happiestplacevacations.praisedtravel.com/disney-theme-park-parking-information#EV[dead link]
- "EV charging network ChargePoint to go public via SPAC". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Form 8-K Current Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2021-06-10.
- "ChargePoint Takes over Management of GE's Electric Vehicle Charging Network".
- "PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge".
- "ChargePoint Plans to Install 2.5 Million EV Chargers in Next 7 Years". 17 September 2018.
- "ChargePoint raises $240 million to serve an anticipated flood of electric vehicles".
- "General Motors to collaborate with EVgo, ChargePoint and Greenlots to enhance the charging experience for customers". 9 January 2019.
- "ChargePoint, Electrify America Collaborate on Agreement to Expand Public EV Charging Access".
- https://www.chargepoint.com/files/ChargePointFacts.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- https://s22.q4cdn.com/779683160/files/doc_presentation/2022/03/ChargePoint-Investor-Presentation_March-2022_Posted-updated.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "ChargePoint Home". chargepoint.com.
- "ChargePoint CT4000 Family". chargepoint.com.
- "Express 100". chargepoint.com.
- "Express 200". chargepoint.com.
- "ChargePoint CPF25 Family". chargepoint.com.
- "ChargePoint Enables the Future of Mobility with Express Plus Electric Vehicle Charging Platform". Chargepoint. 5 January 2017. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ChargePoint.|
- Official website
- Business data for ChargePoint Holdings Inc.: