This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Charlene Amoia is an American actress best known for her role as Wendy the waitress in the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Some of her other television credits include Glee and Diana Coto on Switched at Birth, and her film credits include Kevin's (Thomas Ian Nicholas) wife Elllie in American Reunion (2012) from the American Pie series.
Childhood and early career
Charlene was born in Buffalo New York. She got her start in modeling before making the transition to acting in 2001 with a role on the soap opera, Port Charles. That part on the daytime drama led to guest appearances in several other series, including Joey, Girlfriends, 90210, and as Anna Schick in The Young and the Restless.
How I Met Your Mother
From 2005 to 2011, she played Wendy, a waitress that works at the bar, the main setting of the American TV hit How I Met Your Mother. Although at times on the series she was rumored to be Ted's future wife, Amoia herself didn't believe Wendy would turn out to be "the one". "Wendy had sex with Barney behind the bar on the show and also made out with Ted’s dad, so the likelihood of this character being the mom, I thought, was pretty small anyway, but the fact that fans were rooting for me was awesome!" the actress has said.  On playing Wendy, she has said, "I love playing flawed characters. Wendy is so genuinely sweet and guileless to a point that she doesn’t realize she’s being taken advantage of. Being able to take on these characteristics in a way that is funny and harmless is always so much fun!"
Other TV and film work
Amoia also played Nurse Katie on daytime soap Days of Our Lives, Bailey on Glee and Diana Cotto on Switched at Birth. Additionally she appeared in the TV series 90210 as teacher Miss Wells in Season 1, Episode 7.
She recently guest starred on the show NCIS: New Orleans as Carly Dawson in the episode Breaking Brig and Kelly Press on Major Crimes.
- Walsh, D. "Interview: American Pie Reunion’s Charlene Amoia". Rising star Charlene Amoia, best known for her role as Wendy in How I Met Your Mother,”. Fit Celeb.
- Gallagher, Michael Aaron. "Charlene Amoia connects with former cast members in ‘American Reunion’". She began modeling locally, at first filling in for a Nine West shoe model, and then eventually auditioning for a television commercial. StayFamous.Net.
- "Charlene Amoia Exclusive Interview: "How I Met Your Mother" scoop and more!". The Star Scoop. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
"How I Met Your Mother" has been a great blessing in my life for the last six years.
- Stevens, Samantha. "Charlene Amoia talks How I Met Your Mother, role on 'Glee'". “It’s nice to have that support,” she added of fans who wanted Wendy to be the show’s mystery mother. The Republican. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Bernard, Adam. "Charlene Amoia - Wendy the Waitress Takes Our Order". Adam Bernard.
- Stacy, Hannah. "An Interview with Charlene Amoia, Actress and Former Model". Cliche Mag.
- Walsh, D. "Interview: American Pie Reunion’s Charlene Amoia". In April 2012 the much-anticipated movie, American Reunion, will feature Amoia as Ellie, the wife of Kevin Myers (Thomas Ian Nicholas.). Fit Celeb.
- DiCarlo, Steve. "Meet & Greet: 'American Reunion' Star Charlene Amoia Talks Nudity & First Loves". Celebuzz. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "TIFF listing for "Fat"". Toronto International Film Festival.
|This section is too long. Consider splitting it into new pages, adding subheadings, or condensing it. (November 2013)|