He studied at the Lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, from which he graduated in 1986. In 1991, Charles-Edouard Bouée achieved his master's degrees in engineering from École Centrale Paris (ECP) and the University of Paris-Sud. In 1995, he also achieved his MBA at Harvard Business School.
He started his professional career as an investment banker at Société Générale in Paris and London, focussing on M&A and Corporate Finance. He then became an Associate at Booz Allen & Hamilton. Between 1997 and 2001, Charles-Edouard Bouée acted as Vice President at AT Kearney, the strategy consultancy.
In 2001, Charles-Edouard Bouée joined Roland Berger Strategy Consultants; he became a Senior Partner and was the head of the CoEs (centre of excellence) of Financial Services, Energy & Utility and Private Equity in the Paris subsidiary. He became President & Managing Partner for "Greater China" in 2006, and in 2009, he became President for Asia at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants. In July 2010, the partners appointed him to the EC. Bouée now is the Chairman of the EC for France, Belgium and North Africa, and the President for Asia. In addition, he is the President & Managing Partner for "Greater China" (Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong) at the Shanghai office. In the EC, Bouée is responsible for France, Belgium and Morocco, China and Japan, as well as for market development in Korea and Southeast Asia.
In the course of his career, Bouée specialized in the fields of Strategy and M&A; his main focus lies on financial services – including Private Equity – as well as on the energy sector and public utility companies.
He currently acts as a consultant for the French Ministry of Foreign Trade in Greater China. Bouée is a board member of the European Union Chamber of Commerce for the region of Shanghai in China. Through this he became specialised in economical questions on Asian markets and is often considered by the press.
Bouée spoke about Green Recovery at Forum For Asia Annual Conference 2010 in the China World Tower 2 in Beijing. In addition, Charles-Edouard Bouée was one of the speakers at the World Economic Forum and on Global Entrepreneur Summit Forum 2009. Charles-Edouard Bouée is married and has two children. He is living in Paris (France) and Shanghai (China), where he was honored with the "2012 Shanghai Magnolia Gold Award" for his contributions to the China-Europe relations. In 2014 he was elected CEO of Roland Berger.  In June 2018 he was reelected as CEO for another 4-year period. 
- Charles-Edouard Bouée:"Comment la Chine change le monde", editions dialogue, 2013, ISBN 978-2-918135-77-7
- Charles-Edouard Bouée: Light Footprint Management: Leadership in times of change, Bloomsbury, London 2013, ISBN 978-1-4729-0005-0.
- Charles-Edouard Bouée: China's Management Revolution - Spirit, Land, Energy, Palgrave Macmillan, New York 2010, ISBN 978-0-230-28545-3.
- Charles-Edouard Bouée: Innovative Leaders: Compelling Obligation for CEO (in Chinese), professional article, China Business News, 10 November 2009
- Charles-Edouard Bouee: Green Growth, Green Profit: How Green Transformation Boosts Business, November 2010
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultans presenting their Members of the Global Executive Committee
- La Tribune Hebdomadaire - Charles-Édouard Bouée[permanent dead link] « Passer du rêve chinois au rêve de la Chine. »
- BFM : Charles-Édouard Bouée et Jean-Louis Beffa "Charles-Édouard Bouée, membre du comité exécutif de Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, il publie « Comment la Chine change le monde » "
- Rencontre avec Charles-Édouard Bouée Archived 8 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine 31 May 2013 "Comment la Chine change le monde (éd. Dialogues) Comment va se traduire pour le reste de la planète, l'ascension de la Chine au rang de première ..."
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- CV of Bouée, rolandberger.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 October 2011. Retrieved 2010-11-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) (in French), agefi.fr
- Website of the European Union Chamber of Commerce Archived 15 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Overcapacity exacerbated by recession (in French), China Daily, 12 April 2010
- Interview about the Chinese Stock Market Archived 19 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine (in German), Financial Times Deutschland, 14 April 2010
- Bouée commenting on the Chinese Financial Market [in German], Der Spiegel, 13 May 2010
- Website of the Boao Forum
- Short-CV of Charles-Edouard Bouée, World Economic Forum
- Bouée's Speech on Global Entrepreneur Summit Forum 2009 (in Chinese), 24 October 2009
- Shanghai Magonlia Award Press Release, rolandberger.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 September 2014. Retrieved 2015-10-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Roland Berger think act Chinese Consumer Report 2009, originally published in think:act
- Roland Berger think act Chinese Consumer Report 2010, rolandberger.at, originally published in think:act
- Article about European Companies in Asia, BTM Beijing, 15 December 2007
- Copy of an interview with Charles-Edouard Bouée, Bloomberg TV, 11 July 2009
- Interview with Bouée about European Companies in China during times of crises [in French], CNTV Francais, 28 November 2009
- Roland Berger study about Asia-Pacific headquarters of European multi-national companies, Munich, 11 April 2011