Charles & Colvard
|Traded as||NASDAQ: CTHR|
|Founder||Charles Eric Hunter|
|Headquarters||Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States|
Number of employees
Charles & Colvard, Ltd., is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: CTHR) that distributes and manufactures jewelry. It was founded in 1995 by Charles Eric Hunter under the name C3 Inc., and then run by his brother Jeff Hunter until 2000, the company changed its name to Charles & Colvard in 1999. The company is based in the area of Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. Charles & Colvard employs 70 people full-time, generating revenue that totals $27.59 million during the year ending June 30, 2015. It was the first company to produce and sell synthetic moissanite, under U.S. patent US5723391 A, first filed by C3 Inc., North Carolina.
Subsidiary companies and brands include 'Classic Moissanite', 'Forever Brilliant', 'Survivor Collection', 'Hearts & Arrows', 'Moissanite.com' and 'Lulu Avenue'.
- "CTHR Key Statistics". Marketwatch. Marketwatch. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Charles & Colvard Q4 2015 Sales +16%". IDEX Online. IDEX. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Tenth Amendment to Agreement". SEC.gov. Securities & Exchange Commission. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Teachers' Retirement System v. Hunter" (PDF). Standford University (Securities). Stanford. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Charles & Colvard confronts Morion". JCKonline. JCK. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "A Special Thanks (Company History)". Greater Charlotte Biz. Greater Charlotte Biz. Archived from the original on 26 January 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- O'Donoghue, Michael (2006). Gems: Their Sources, Descriptions and Identification. Butterworth-Heinemann. p. 90. ISBN 978-0-7506-5856-0.
- "Silicon Carbide Gemstones". Google.
- "FORM 10-K For the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2014". Charles & Colvard Ltd. 2014-12-31. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "SEC Filings Form S-1/A 1997/05/11". phx.corporate-ir.net. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|