Charles Symes Leslie Alford  ((b Bristol 7 February 1885 – d Wincombe 16 May 1963)) was Archdeacon of Bristol from 1938 to 1941.
Alford was born in Bristol and educated at Marlborough College and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, during which time he was a member of its OTC. He was ordained deacon in 1908 and priest in 1909 . After a curacy in Barnard Castle he was with the Royal Army Chaplains' Department  from 1910 to 1927. He was then Vicar of Marshfield until his Archdeacon’s appointment. In later years he was Rector of Staple Fitzpaine and then Rowberrow.
- ^ Alford Association
- ^ Ecclesiastical News. Church appointments The Times (London, England), Thursday, Feb 03, 1938; pg. 15; Issue 47909
- ^ Ecclesiastical News. Archdeacon of Bristol The Times (London, England), Monday, Sep 01, 1941; pg. 6; Issue 49019.
- ^ London Gazette
- ^ Durham University Library
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory 1929-30 Oxford, OUP, 1929 p13
- ^ Malta Family History
- ^ ‘ALFORD, Rev. Prebendary Charles Symes Leslie’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 27 April 2013