||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Charles Robert Cecil Augustine Allberry (9 November 1911 – 3 April 1943) was an English Egyptologist and Coptic scholar. A friend of novelist C. P. Snow, Allberry was a model for Roy Calvert in Snow's series of novels Strangers and Brothers.
Allberry translated Manichaean manuscripts, and is particularly known for translating and editing the first edition of A Manichean Psalm-Book, Part II, in 1938. He also compiled a Coptic dictionary, unfinished at his death. He served as editor of the Journal of Egyptian Archaeology (from 1939).
He was married to Patricia Katherine Grace Sandbach. They had a son together: David Charles Anthony Allberry, who was born after Charles' death on 31 July 1943.
- CA Charles Robert Cecil Augustine Allberry (1911-43), Egyptologist, Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Cambridge
- Cambridge Universities Libraries Information Bulletin 47, 2000
- Mani and Manichaeism in the BPH, Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica, J.R. Ritman Library
- Snow P (2006) C. P. Snow Christ's College Magazine 231, 67–9
- Charles Allberry and Roy Calvert. Gorley Putt. Encounter 1987 Sep 72-78 https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://126.96.36.199/PERIODICAL/PDF/Encounter-1987sep/72-78/
Charles Allberry:A Portrait. Patricia K G Lewis (E and L Plumridge, Cambridge, 1984)
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Egyptologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a British archaeologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|