|Ogden's Cigarette card featuring Charles Annable|
|Full name||Charles Annable|
Alverthorpe or Hemsworth, Wakefield, England
|Died||October→December 1957 (aged 52)
Wakefield district, England
Charles "Charlie" Annable (birth registered January→March 1905 – death registered October→December 1957) birth registered in Alverthorpe or Hemsworth, was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1920s and '30s, playing at representative level for Yorkshire, and at club level for Featherstone Rovers, and Castleford, as a Scrum-half/Halfback, i.e. number 7, his death was registered in Wakefield district.
Charlie Annable won two caps for Yorkshire, including in 1929 against Australia.
County League appearances
Charlie Annable broke his Clavicle in November 1927 which kept him out of Featherstone Rovers' run to the Championship final during the 1927–28 season, in 1931 he was sold to Castleford for £400 (based on increases in average earnings, this would be approximately £66,750 in 2013).
Contemporaneous article extract
"C. Annable' Featherstone Rovers (Northern Rugby League.) C. Annable has demonstrated to his club the value of local talent. He was born in Alverthorpe (sic?) in Yorkshire, and as a youth he has time for development. He is an unorthodox worker of the scrum, for he is not merely content to get the ball but he kicks to touch to advantage, and at other times bursts round to receive a reverse pass. Though on the small side everything points to his receiving county honours."
Charlie Annable's marriage to Clara Rhodes was registered during January→March 1928 in Wakefield district. They had children; Sheila Annable (birth registered April→June 1936 in Wakefield district).
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Death details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Yesterday's Man". rugbyleague.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at thecastlefordtigers.co.uk". thecastlefordtigers.co.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Measuring Worth – Relative Value of UK Pounds". Measuring Worth. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Ogden's (circa-1926). Famous Rugby Players (Card 24 of 50). Ogden's. ISBN n/a
- "Marriage details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.