|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Klang, Selangor
|Assumed office |
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Tan Yee Kew (MCA – BN)|
Charles Anthony s/o R. Santiago
1 November 1960
Selangor, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||Democratic Action Party – Pakatan Harapan|
|Alma mater||The New School|
Charles Anthony s/o R. Santiago (Tamil: சார்ல்ஸ் அந்தனி, translit. Cārls antaṉi; born 1 November 1960) is a Malaysian politician and is Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Klang constituency in Selangor. He is a member of the Democratic Action Party (DAP) party in the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition.
Santiago was first elected to Parliament in the 2008 election winning the seat of Klang from the governing Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition. Prior to his election, Santiago was an economist and worked for non-governmental organisations such as the Coalition Against Water Privatisation and Monitoring Sustainability of Globalisation Malaysia. Santiago was re-elected to Parliament for Klang constituency in the consecutive 2013 and 2018 general elections.
|2008||Charles Santiago (DAP)||37,990||65.18%||Ch'ng Toh Eng (MCA)||20,289||34.81%||59,323||17,701||76.23%|
|2013||Charles Santiago (DAP)||53,719||64.82%||Teh Kim Poo (MCA)||29,034||35.04%||84,214||24,685||86.75%|
|2018||Charles Santiago (DAP)||98,279||77.34%||Ching Eu Boon (MCA)||19,506||15.35%||128,536||78,773||86.06%|
|Khairul Shah Abdullah (PAS)||9,169||7.22%|
|Puvananderan Ganasamoorthy (IND)||120||0.09%|
- Charles Santiago staff. "About Charles Santiago". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star. Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Turning thirst into trade". New Straits Times. 15 March 2003. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Yeen, Oh Ing (27 June 2008). "MP: Syabas profiting from reconnection fees". The Star. Archived from the original on 14 May 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Highest water rates in Selangor". The Star. 29 June 2004. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 27 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 19 April 2013. Results only available from the 2004 election (GE11).
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.Results only available for the 2013 election.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|