|Alma mater||Upstate Medical Center, SUNY at Syracuse (PhD)|
Queens College, City University of New York (BA)
|Fields||Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Pharmacology, Genetics|
|Institutions||Lankenau Institute for Medical Research|
Charles Antzelevitch is an American cardiovascular research scientist in the fields of cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmia syndromes.
Antzelevitch graduated from Queens College, City University of New York with a BA in biology. He earned a PhD in pharmacology from State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University in 1978. From 1977 to 1980, he held a postdoctoral fellowship in the department of experimental cardiology at the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory (MMRL) in Utica, New York. After his fellowship, he joined the staff at MMRL as a research scientist, where he was named executive director and director of research and became Gordon K. Moe Scholar, an endowed chair in experimental cardiology. He was a member of the faculty at SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse, New York, from 1980 until 2015. In 1980, he received an appointment as assistant professor in the department of pharmacology. He was later promoted to associate professor (1983), research professor (1986), and professor (1995) of pharmacology. In 2015, Antzelevitch became professor and executive director of cardiovascular research at Lankenau Institute for Medical Research and director of research at Lankenau Heart Institute.
Antzelevitch was president of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Society from 1996 to 1998 and has served as secretary/treasurer since 1998. He serves on the editorial board of several other peer-reviewed medical publications, including Journal of Electrocardiology and Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- "Charles Antzelevitch, PhD, FACC, FAHA, FHR - LIMR - Researcher Profile". Limr.org. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- Amy Neff Roth (2010-10-16). "Charles Antzelevitch's profile - News - Uticaod - Utica, NY". Uticaod.com. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "New Westminster College, British Columbia, Canada – Professor Dr. Charles Antzelevitch, B.A., Ph.D". Newwestminstercollege.ca. 2014-03-19. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Prominent Cardiac Researcher, Charles Antzelevitch, PhD, Joins Lankenau Institute for Medical Research and Lankenau Heart Institute: Main Line Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania". Mainlinehealth.org. 2015-07-22. Archived from the original on 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "CES Past Presidents — Cardiac Electrophysiology Society". Cardiaceps.org. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "About CardiacEPS — Cardiac Electrophysiology Society". Cardiaceps.org. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- [dead link]
- "JACC : Editorial Board and Staff". Content.onlinejacc.org. Archived from the original on 2016-04-17. Retrieved 2016-04-14.