Charles Burnett (officer of arms)
Charles John Burnett is a Scottish antiquarian and former officer of arms.
Burnett was appointed Dingwall Pursuivant of Arms in Ordinary in 1983 and promoted to Ross Herald of Arms in Ordinary in 1988. He retired as an officer of arms in ordinary in 2010 and was appointed Ross Herald Extraordinary for a period of five years, demitting office on 31 December 2015. His 1992 M.Litt thesis at the University of Edinburgh was entitled The Officers of Arms and heraldic art under King James Sixth & First 1567-1625. He was also the president of the Heraldry Society of Scotland.
- "Charles J Burnett, Esq". People of Today. Debretts. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- Blair, Robin; Boreham, Louise; Burnett, Charles; Cumming, Elizabeth; Roads, Elizabeth (2009). The Thistle Chapel. Edinburgh: The Order of the Thistle. Endpaper. ISBN 978-0-9562407-0-5. OCLC 643612646. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- "No. 21452". The Edinburgh Gazette. 30 December 1983. p. 1959.
- "No. 22483". The Edinburgh Gazette. 10 January 1989. p. 25.
- Burnett, Charles (1992). The Officers of Arms and heraldic art under King James Sixth & First 1567-1625. Edinburgh. OCLC 606134285.
- "Office Holders for The Heraldry Society of Scotland". Retrieved 27 September 2010.
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This heraldry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|