|Born||February 3, 1938|
|Residence||San Antonio, Texas|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania Wharton School
Harvard Business School
|Net worth||US$10.8 billion (June 2015)|
|Title||Chairman and CEO, H-E-B|
|Parent(s)||Howard Edward Butt Sr.
Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth
Charles Clarence Butt (born February 3, 1938) is an American grocer who inherited his family's San Antonio-based H-E-B supermarket chain in 1971. The privately held company has more than 300 stores and $20 billion in sales, according to Forbes magazine.
Butt graduated from University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School with a Bachelor of Arts / Science, where he also joined the Sigma Chi Fraternity. He earned a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School. He became president of the H.E. Butt Grocery Company in 1971.
Awards & recognition
In 2012, ExecReps ranked Butt as the #5 CEO on its Top Chief Executive List. 
- "Charles Butt". Forbes. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "HE Butt Grocery on the Forbes America's Largest Private Companies List". Forbes. October 2014.
- "H-E-B Official Website - History" HEB.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-23.
- "Charles Butt to receive honor from Mexican government". San Antonio Business Journal. November 14, 2001. Retrieved 2006-12-17.
- May, 2013 ExecRank Top CEOs http://execrank.com/2013/04/top-private-ceos/
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Texas biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|