|Born||Charles Clarence Butt
February 3, 1938
|Residence||San Antonio, Texas, U.S.|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania
|Net worth||US$10.7 billion (March 2017)|
|Title||Chairman and CEO, H-E-B|
|Parent(s)||Howard Edward Butt Sr.
Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth
Charles Clarence Butt (born February 3, 1938) is an American billionaire businessman, who inherited his family's San Antonio-based H-E-B supermarket chain in 1971. The privately held company has more than 300 stores and $20 billion in sales, according to Forbes.
Butt graduated from University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School with a bachelor's degree, where he joined the Sigma Chi Fraternity. He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Awards and recognition
In 2012, ExecReps ranked Butt as the #5 CEO on its Top Chief Executive List.
Butt is single.
- "Charles Butt". Forbes. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "HE Butt Grocery on the Forbes America's Largest Private Companies List". Forbes. October 2014.
- "H-E-B Official Website - History Archived March 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine." HEB.com. Retrieved on April 23, 2010.
- May 2013 ExecRank Top CEOs "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 14, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "Charles Butt to receive honor from Mexican government". San Antonio Business Journal. November 14, 2001. Retrieved December 17, 2006.
- "Texas supermarket chain HEB donates $5 million to J.J. Watt's hurricane relief fund". usatoday.com. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Patton, Mary Claire (September 6, 2017). "H-E-B CEO donates $5 million to J.J. Watt's Houston Flood Relief Fund". ksat.com. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Texas biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|