Charles C. Mann
Charles C. Mann (born 1955) is an American journalist and author, specializing in scientific topics. His book 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus won the National Academies Communication Award for best book of the year. He is the coauthor of four books, and contributing editor for Science, Atlantic Monthly, and Wired.
Mann has also written for Fortune, The New York Times, Smithsonian, Technology Review, Vanity Fair, and The Washington Post. In 2005 he wrote 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, followed in 2011 by 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created. He served as a judge for the PEN/E. O. Wilson Literary Science Writing Award in 2012.
He is a three-time National Magazine Award finalist and a recipient of writing awards from the American Bar Association, the American Institute of Physics, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and the Lannan Foundation. He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts with his wife and children.
|Library resources about
Charles C. Mann
|By Charles C. Mann|
- (With Mark L. Plummer) The Aspirin Wars: Money, Medicine, and 100 Years of Rampant Competition, Harvard Business School Press, 1991
- (With Robert P. Crease) The Second Creation: Makers of the Revolution in 20th-Century Physics, 1986; rev. ed., 1995
- (With Mark L. Plummer) Noah’s Choice: The Future of Endangered Species, 1995
- (With David H. Freedman) @ Large: The Strange Case of the World's Biggest Internet Invasion, 1997
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, Knopf, 2005
- "Our Good Earth: The future rests on the soil beneath our feet; Can we save it?" National Geographic, September 2008. 80-107.
- 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created, Knopf, 2011
- "State of the Species: Does success spell doom for Homo sapiens?," Orion Magazine, November/December 2012.
- 1493 for Young People: From Columbus's Voyage to Globalization, Seven Stories Press, 2015.
- Date information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF) .
- Mann, Charles C. (2011). 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. pp. 537: A Note About the Author. ISBN 978-0-307-26572-2.
- "The World Columbus Created". RadioWest website. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "Announcing the 2012 PEN Literary Award Recipients". PEN American Center. October 15, 2012. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Charles C. Mann: Biography". Retrieved 22 February 2012.
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|