Charles City, Virginia
|Charles City, Virginia|
Charles City, 2017, showing the Confederate monument and the historic courthouse.
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (7.1 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (7.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||49/sq mi (19.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1498561|
The community is centered on the Charles City County Court House, from which it takes its variant names Charles City Court House and Charles City Courthouse. Charles City lies at the intersection of State Routes 5 and 155. It is 30 miles (48 km) southeast of Richmond, 17 miles (27 km) east of Hopewell, 23 miles (37 km) west of Williamsburg, and about 2 miles (3 km) north of the James River.
- Susan Wise Bauer, writer and historian
- Lott Cary, first black missionary to Africa
- Benjamin Harrison V, signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Martha Jefferson, First Lady of Virginia
- Freeman Walker, US senator for Georgia
- John Tyler, US president
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Charles City CDP, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
|This Charles City County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|