Charles Codman Cabot
|Charles Codman Cabot|
|Born||November 22, 1900
Brookline, Massachusetts, U.S.
Harvard Law School
|Occupation||Judge, law partner|
|Children||Charles Codman Cabot Jr. (b. 1930)|
|Parent(s)||Henry Bromfield Cabot
Anna McMasters Codman Cabot
Cabot was born in Brookline, Massachusetts. His father was Henry Bromfield Cabot, a lawyer. His mother was Anna McMasters Codman Cabot. He had five siblings: Henry Bromfield Cabot Jr. (b. 1894), Powell Mason Cabot (b. 1896), Paul Codman Cabot (b. 1898), cofounder of America's first mutual fund and "Harvard's [Endowment] Midas," Anne M. Cabot (b. 1903), and Susan M. Cabot (b. 1907).
Cabot graduated from Harvard College, and Harvard Law School.
Cabot was a law partner of a prominent Boston law firm, and an associate justice of the Supreme Court of Massachusetts from 1943-1947. He was also the World War II U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey secretariat.
Cabot was president of the Boston Bar Association from 1950 to 1952. He was on the Board of Directors of the Pioneer Fund from 1950 until 1973, and president of the Harvard Alumni Association.
- "U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925: Passport Applications, January 2, 1906 - March 31, 1925 > 1922 > Roll 1953 - Certificates: 163726-164099, 08 May 1922-08 May 1922". National Archives. 2006. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- Who's Who in New England: A Biographical Dictionary of Leading Living Men and Women of the States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. A.N. Marquis & Company. 1916. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- Passion for Reality: Paul Cabot and The Boston Mutual Fund. Xlibris Corporation. 2006. Retrieved August 13, 2011.Pg. 21-23
- "Paul C. Cabot, 95, Financial Strategist; Began Mutual Funds". New York Times. September 4, 1994. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- "Universities: Harvard's Midas". TIME Magazine. April 16, 1965. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- "THE PIONEER FUND, INC.: Founders and Former Directors, Complete Listings of the Past Directors of the Pioneer Fund and Years Served". THE PIONEER FUND, INC. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- "Judge Cabot to Head Special Crime Probe". Harvard Crimson. October 9, 1953. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- How Effective Is Strategic Bombing?: Lessons Learned from World War II to Kosovo. New York University Press. 2011. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- American Bar Association Journal April, 1952 Vol. 38. American Bar Association. April 1952. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
|This biography of a judge of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|