Charles Coote, 1st Earl of Bellomont
|The Earl of Bellomont|
Portrait of Charles Coote, 1st Earl of Bellomont
by Sir Joshua Reynolds
6 April 1738
|Died||20 October 1800
|Cause of death||Inflammation of the lungs|
|Title||Earl of Bellomont|
|Other titles||Baron Coote|
|Offices||Joint Postmaster General of Ireland|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Emily Maria Margaret FitzGerald|
|Issue||Charles: died 1786
|Parents||Charles Coote (1695–1750) and Prudence Geering|
He married Lady Emily Maria Margaret FitzGerald, the daughter of James FitzGerald, 1st Duke of Leinster and Emily FitzGerald, Duchess of Leinster, in Blackrock on 20 August 1774. The couple had five children: one son, Charles, who died in 1786, and four daughters, Mary, Prudentia, Emily and Louisa.
- Charles Coote Earl of Bellamont (1789). Earl of Bellamont's Speeches, in the House of Lords, on Friday the 13th and Monday the 16th February, 1789. Dublin: P Byrne. OCLC 228671162.
- Cokayne, George Edward (1912). Complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom: Vol 2. London: The St. Catherine Press. p. 109.
- "Irish Legislation Database". Queen's University Belfast. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- Lodge, John; Archdall, Mervyn (1789). Peerage of Ireland: or, A genealogical history of the present Nobility of that Kingdom: Vol III. Dublin: James Moore. pp. 216–217.
- Gilchrist, James P (1821). A brief display of the origin and history of ordeals: trials by battle; courts of chivalry or honour; and the decision of private quarrels by single combat: also, a chronological register of the principal duels fought from the accession of His late Majesty to the present time. London: James P Gilchrist. pp. 105–106.
- Haydn, Joseph (1851). The Book of Dignities Containing Lists of the Official Personages of the British Empire. Longmans, Brown, Green and Longmans. p. 461.
Postmasters General of Ireland
|Parliament of Ireland|
Hon. Barry Maxwell
Hon. Brinsley Butler
|Member of Parliament for Cavan County
With: Hon. Brinsley Butler
Hon. Brinsley Butler
The Viscount Clifden
|Postmaster General of Ireland
With: The Earl of Ely
The Earl of Ely
The Marquess of Drogheda
|Custos Rotulorum of Cavan
|Peerage of Ireland|
|New creation||Earl of Bellomont
|Baronetage of Ireland|