Charles Einstein (August 2, 1926 – March 7, 2007) was a newspaperman and sportswriter. He was also the author of the novel The Bloody Spur, on which the film While the City Sleeps by Fritz Lang was based. His father was the comedian Harry Einstein. He was the older half-brother of comedic actors Albert Brooks and Bob Einstein, better known by his stage name "Super Dave Osborne".
- The Bloody Spur, Dell First Edition #5, pbo, 1953; reprinted as While the City Sleeps (Dell D86, 1956)
- Wiretap!, Dell First Edition #76, pbo, 1955.
- The Last Laugh, Dell First Edition A121, pbo, 1956.
- No Time at All, Simon & Schuster, hc, 1957. Dell, pb, 1958.
- The Naked City, Stories based on TV scripts by Stirling Silliphant. Dell First Edition A180, pbo, 1959.
- “And a Merry Christmas to the Force on Patrol”
- “Lady Bug, Lady Bug…”
- Line of Duty
- Nickel Ride
- The Other Face of Goodness
- Susquehanna 7-8367
- The Violent Circle
- The Day New York Went Dry, Fawcett Gold Medal, 1967.
- The Blackjack Hijack, Random House, 1976. Fawcett Crest, pb, 1976.
- Willie's Time, Southern Illinois University Press, 1979.
Einstein was also the editor of a series of compilations of baseball writings, titled The Fireside Book of Baseball.