Charles A. E. Goodhart
Goodhart delivers the keynote address during the 2012 Long Finance conference in London
|Born||23 October 1936|
Charles Albert Eric Goodhart, CBE, FBA (born 23 October 1936) is a British economist. He was a member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee from June 1997 to May 2000 and a professor at the London School of Economics (1985–2002, Emeritus Professor since 2002). He is the developer of Goodhart's law, an economic law named after him. He is the son of Arthur Lehman Goodhart, and the brother of William Goodhart and Sir Philip Goodhart.
- Eton College
- Trinity College, Cambridge (scholar; 1st Cl. Hons Econs Tripos)
- Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (PhD 1963).
- National Service, 1955-57 (2nd Lieut KRRC)
- Assistant Lecturer in Economics, Cambridge University, 1963–64
- Economic Adviser, Department of Economic Affairs (UK), 1965–67
- Lecturer in Monetary Economics, London School of Economics, 1967–69
- Bank of England:
- Adviser with particular reference to monetary policy, 1969–80
- A Chief Adviser, 1980–85
- External Member, Monetary Policy Committee, 1997–2000
- Member, Advisory Committee, Hong Kong Exchange Fund, 1990–97
- Norman Sosnow Professor of Banking and Finance, 1985–2002, now Emeritus Professor, and Member, Financial Markets Group, since 1987, London School of Economics
- Goodhart, Charles. The Evolution of Central Banks. 1988
- Ferran, Eilís; Goodhart, Charles A. E., eds. (2001). Regulating Financial Services and Markets in the 21st Century. Oxford: Hart Publishing. ISBN 978-1841132792.
- Goodhart, Charles, (2001) “What Weight Should Be Given to Asset Prices in the Measurement of Inflation?” Economic Journal 111 (June): F335–56.
- Goodhart, Charles (2010) “Is a less pro-cyclical financial system an achievable goal?” National Institute Economic Review 211, pp. 81–90
- Goodhart, Charles (2010) "The Regulatory Response to the Financial Crisis"
- "> Goodhart, Charles". lse.ac.uk. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Charles Goodhart". ineteconomics.org. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Charles A.E. Goodhart". voxeu.org. Archived from the original on 26 December 2013. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Charles Goodhart". topics.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Charles Goodhart (1997). "Economics and the Law: Too Much One-Way Traffic?". Modern Law Review. 60. doi:10.1111/1468-2230.00063.
|Governor: Sir Edward George (June 1997–June 2003)|
|June 1997 – July 1997:||George | Davies | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith|
|August 1997:||George | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith|
|September 1997 – November 1997:||George | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith | Clementi | Julius|
|December 1997 – May 1998:||George | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith | Clementi | Julius | Budd|
|June 1998 – May 1999:||George | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith | Clementi | Julius | Budd | Vickers|
|June 1999 – May 2000:||George | King | Buiter | Goodhart | Plenderleith | Clementi | Julius | Vickers | Wadhwani|
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|