Charles Gordon, 2nd Earl of Aboyne
Charles Gordon, 2nd Earl of Aboyne (c. 1670 – April 1702). The eldest son of Charles Gordon, 1st Earl of Aboyne and Elizabeth Lyon, he succeeded his father as 2nd Earl of Aboyne in March 1681. On his death in 1702 he was succeeded in his titles by his son.
He married Elizabeth Lyon, daughter of Patrick Lyon, 3rd Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne and Helen Middleton, c1662, and had issue:
- Lady Helen Gordon (d. c1731), married George Kinnaird
- John Gordon, 3rd Earl of Aboyne (d. 1732)
- Lady Elizabeth Gordon (d. 1770)
- Lady Grizel Gordon (d. 1761), married James Grant
- Stephen, Leslie; Lee, Sidney, eds. (1890). "Gordon, Charles (d.1702)". Dictionary of National Biography 22. London: Smith, Elder & Co.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (2003 edition). London: Pan Macmillan, 2003.,[page needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 1552 § 15512". The Peerage.[unreliable source?]
- Cracroft's Peerage
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Aboyne
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|