Goyette in downtown Phoenix, Arizona in January 2011.
|Occupation||economic and financial commentator|
Charles Goyette is a libertarian commentator, who is noted for his outspoken opposition to the war in Iraq, the global interventionism of US foreign policy, and the growth of the national security state, as well as for his economic and monetary commentary.
Goyette joins with former presidential candidate and Congressman Ron Paul for the nationally syndicated twice-daily radio commentary Ron Paul's America heard on 125 stations across the country, as well as Ron Paul and Charles Goyette -- The Weekly Podcast.
He is the author of the New York Times bestselling book The Dollar Meltdown: Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other Unconventional Investments, which Congressman Ron Paul calls "a must read," and investor Peter Schiff describes as "...a sensible plan to protect your wealth."
His latest book is Red and Blue and Broke All Over: Restoring America's Free Economy.
Goyette is also the editor of the Freedom & Prosperity Letter, a monthly political and financial newsletter. The newsletter includes biweekly podcasts.
Goyette has filled in for several nationally syndicated talk shows over the years, most recently on the Laura Ingraham Show in July 2014.
He formerly hosted talk radio shows based in Phoenix, Arizona on KTAR, KFYI, KXXT, and KFNX. His show aired for the last time on KFNX on June 13, 2008. Goyette is perhaps most known for his dismissal from KFYI allegedly due to his opposition to President George W. Bush's Iraq War.
He was honored as "Best Phoenix Talk Show Host" by the Phoenix New Times in 2003.
Goyette has had years of experience as a financial professional. He has also been an active participant in national discussions of political and economic policies, appearing on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and CNBC.
He has completed a screenplay on the life of the famous American seer Edgar Cayce.
Charles Goyette's father, Dr. Ed Goyette, Jr., was a professor of philosophy at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff.
According to Arizona Daily Star newspaper reporter, David Leighton, Charles Goyette is the grandson of C. Edgar "Ed" Goyette, who was a prominent citizen of Tucson. Ed Goyette was the first student body president at the University of Arizona. He served as executive secretary of the Tucson Chamber of Commerce from 1940 to 1960 and much of Tucson's growth was due to his work in bringing new industry and military installations to the city. He was named Tucson’s “Man of the Year” for 1958 by the Tucson Advertising Club and former Arizona Governor Paul Fannin proclaimed Ed Goyette Day on April 5, 1960.
- The Dollar Meltdown: Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other Unconventional Investments. Portfolio. 2009. ISBN 1-59184-284-0.
- Red and Blue and Broke All Over: Restoring America's Free Economy. Sentinel. 2012. ISBN 1-59523-082-3.
- The American Conservative: "How to Lose Your Job in Talk Radio"
- The Future of Freedom Foundation: "Wartime Confessions of a Talk-Radio Heretic"
- LewRockwell.com: "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Election," "Parallel Universes," "The Three Biggest Lies the Government Is Telling You"
- AntiWar.com: "Lebanon and Goyette's Second Law"
- CNBC.com: "Gold - The Canary in the Coal Mine," "The Dollar Meltdown: The New Greek Tragedy?," and "China Dumping US Treasurys; What’s the Message?"
- TheStreet.com: "They're Destroying the Dollar" and "Currency Cure: Deregulation"
- WorldNetDaily: "1-2 punch: Bernanke and the debt ceiling"
- See Goyette's bio at his official website.
- See review section at Goyette's book website.
- See review by Doug French: “An Aging, Bankrupt Empire”. LewRockwell.com. March, 2012. And see review by Patrick Krey: “Review: Red and Blue and Broke All Over”. The New American. April, 2012.
- "The Charles Goyette Show", 6/13/08
- See "How to Lose Your Job in Talk Radio: Clear Channel Gags an Antiwar Conservative". The American Conservative. February, 2004.
- CharlesGoyette.com - the official website of Charles Goyette.
- LewRockwell.com Archive – articles by Charles Goyette.
- "Into the mind of ... Charles Goyette" - interview with The Arizona Republic on April 4, 2012.
- Audio of a 2011 financial speech at the Mises Circle in Houston, Texas.
- Video and audio of a 2010 financial speech at the Mises Circle in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Transcription of Goyette's speech at the Ron Paul Revolution March, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C., July 12, 2008.
- Goyette on NOW with Bill Moyers on December 17, 2004.
- Goyette endorsed Michael Badnarik for President in 2004. Article overview. Audio.
- Transcription of a radio monologue from the Goldwater Institute, You Can Call Me Suspicious....
- Information on C. Edgar Goyette, grandfather of Charles Goyette,