Charles Hanbury-Tracy, 4th Baron Sudeley
|The Right Honourable|
The Lord Sudeley
|Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms|
10 February 1886 – 20 July 1886
|Prime Minister||William Ewart Gladstone|
|Preceded by||The Earl of Coventry|
|Succeeded by||The Viscount Barrington|
|Born||3 July 1840|
|Died||9 December 1922 (aged 82)|
|Spouse(s)||Ada Maria Katherine Tollemache|
Charles Douglas Richard Hanbury-Tracy, 4th Baron Sudeley PC FRS (3 July 1840 – 9 December 1922), styled The Honourable Charles Hanbury-Tracy from 1858 to 1877, was a British Liberal politician. He served as Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms under William Ewart Gladstone in 1886.
Sudeley entered the House of Commons for Montgomery in 1863, a seat he held until 1877 when he succeeded in the barony on the death of his elder brother. He served under William Ewart Gladstone as a Lord-in-waiting (government whip in the House of Lords) from 1880 to 1885 and as Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms from February to July 1886. The latter year Sudeley was also sworn of the Privy Council. Apart from his political career he was a Fellow of the Royal Society. He later came into financial difficulties and was declared bankrupt in 1893. This caused the sale of the family seat of Toddington Manor.
Lord Sudeley married Ada Maria Katherine Tollemache, daughter of the Honourable Frederick James Tollemache, in 1868. He died in December 1922, aged 82, and was succeeded in the barony by his eldest son, William.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "M" (part 3)
- "No. 24843". The London Gazette. 11 May 1880. p. 2968.
- "No. 25488". The London Gazette. 7 July 1885. p. 3117.
- "No. 25558". The London Gazette. 12 February 1886. p. 683.
- "No. 25615". The London Gazette. 10 August 1886. p. 3853.
- "No. 25558". The London Gazette. 12 February 1886. p. 677.
- royalsociety.org List of Fellows of the Royal Society 1660 – 2007
- Biography of Lord Sudeley by his great-grandson Merlin Hanbury-Tracy, 7th Baron Sudeley Archived 22 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Lord Sudeley
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Montgomery
The Earl of Coventry
| Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms
The Viscount Barrington
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Sudeley Charles George Hanbury-Tracy
| Baron Sudeley
William Charles Frederick Hanbury-Tracy