Charles Harry Moody
Dr Charles Harry Moody
|Born||March 22, 1874|
|Died||May 10, 1965(aged 91)|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Grindall Brayton|
He was born in Stourbridge, Worcestershire on 22 March 1874, the son of Charles Moody (1825 – 1893) and Lydia Glover (1829-1904)
He studied organ under T. Westlake Morgan at Bangor Cathedral.
He married Mary Grindall Brayton in 1899 in Wigan. The marriage produced:
- Barbara Gunhilda Moody (b. 1899)
- Brian Elgar Moody (b. 1902)
- Brenda Moody (b. 1913)
He was appointed CBE and Hon FRCO in 1920.
He was also a lecturer in music at the Diocesan Training College in Ripon from 1902 - 1952.
- Organist of St. Michael's College, Tenbury
- Assistant organist of Wells Cathedral 1894 - 1895
- Organist at All Saints' Church, Wigan 1895 - 1899
- Organist at Holy Trinity Church, Coventry 1899 - 1902
- Organist at Ripon Cathedral 1902 - 1954
- Church Music
- The Choir Boy in the Making
- Selby Abbey
- Ripon Cathedral
- Fountains Abbey
- Anthem: Before the ending of the day