Charles Hope, 3rd Marquess of Linlithgow
Charles William Frederick Hope, 3rd Marquess of Linlithgow MC (7 April 1912 – 7 April 1987) was the son of Victor Hope, 2nd Marquess of Linlithgow. He was the twin of John Hope, 1st Baron Glendevon. His first wife, Vivien Kenyon-Slaney, daughter of Major Robert Orlando Rodolph Kenyon-Slaney, died on 23 September 1963. He later married Judith Lawson, daughter of Stanley Matthew Lawson, in 1965.
Lord Hope fought in the WWII and received the Military Cross for his service. He was a member of the 51st (Highland) Division. In 1940, he was taken prisoner at Dunkirk and held at Colditz Castle.
- "Charles William Frederick Hope, 3rd Marquess of Linlithgow". Peerage.com. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Charles William Frederick Hope, 3rd Marquess of Linlithgow". Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Earls of Hopetoun (1703)". The Scottish Peerage. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
Marquesses of Linlithgow (1905)
- "Charles William Hope, 3rd Marquis of Linlithgow". The Gazetteer of Scotland. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Marquess of Lansdowne
- Video of the 1939 Wedding of Lord Hope and Vivien Kenyon-Slaney
- The Gazetteer of Scotland Biography and Photo
- Find A Grave Memorial for Charles Hope
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Victor Alexander John Hope
| Marquess of Linlithgow
Adrian John Charles Hope