Charles L. Livingston
|Charles L. Livingston|
|Member of the New York State Senate
|Preceded by||Alpheus Sherman|
|Succeeded by||Gulian C. Verplanck|
|Speaker of the
New York State Assembly
|Preceded by||George R. Davis|
|Succeeded by||William Baker|
|Member of the New York State Assembly for New York County|
|Born||Charles Ludlow Livingston
|Children||Catherine Livingston Langdon|
|Parents||Cornelia Van Horne
Philip Peter Livingston
|Relatives||Philip Livingston (grandfather)|
Charles Ludlow Livingston (1800–1873) was an American politician from New York.
Livingston was the son of Cornelia Van Horne Livingston (b. 1759) and Philip Peter Livingston (1740–1810), a New York State Senator from 1789 to 1793 and from 1795 to 1798. His surviving brother was Peter Van Brugh Livingston (1792–1868), the father of 9 children.
- Catherine Livingston (c. 1825–1883), who married to Walter Langdon (1822–1894), the son of Walter Langdon (1788–1847) and Dorothea Astor (1795–1874), in 1847. After her death, she was buried at St. James's Church in Hyde Park, New York after her death.
- Livingston, Edwin Brockholst (1910). The Livingstons of Livingston Manor: Being the History of that Branch of the Scottish House of Callendar which Settled in the English Province of New York During the Reign of Charles the Second; and Also Including an Account of Robert Livingston of Albany, "The Nephew," a Settler in the Same Province and His Principal Descendants. New York: The Knickerbocker Press. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- New York State (1814). Laws of the State of New York Passed at the Thirty-Seventh Session of the Legislature. Albany: H. C. Southwick. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Peter Van Brugh Livingston (1792-1868)". www.nyhistory.org. New-York Historical Society. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Selleck, A.M., Rev. Charles Melbourne (1896). Norwalk. Norwalk, Connecticut: Charles M. Selleck. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. XI. New York City: New York Genealogical and Biographical Society. 1880. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- The New York Civil List: containing the names and origin of the civil divisions, and the names and dates of election or appointment of the principal state and county officers from the Revolution to the present time. Weed, Parsons and Co. 1858. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Livingston, Charles Ludlow". NYPL Digital Collections. New York Public Library. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Princeton University Library Collection of General John Ross Delafield Family Materials (C1508) -- Livingston, Charles Ludlow, 1800–1873, Letter from H. Burkett Concerning a Damaged Horse". findingaids.princeton.edu. Princeton University Library. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
George R. Davis
|Speaker of the New York State Assembly
|New York State Senate|
|New York State Senate
First District (Class 3)
Gulian C. Verplanck