Charles L. Peterson
|Charles L. Peterson|
Charles L. Peterson
|Residence||Door County, WI|
|Education||American Academy of Art, Marietta College, Ohio University|
|Notable works||Memories Collection, Maritime Collection, School Days, A Week in Door County|
|Notable awards||Hoyne Award (2), Modern Marine Master, Museum Purchase Award at the 27th International – Mystic Maritime Museum Gallery, US Art Magazine Hall of Fame, Best of Category for 1997 and 1999 – Printing Industries of America|
Charles L. Peterson is an American artist born in 1927 who is primarily known for his mastery of watercolor paintings (The Memories Collection) and for prestigious maritime artwork (The Maritime Collection). As one of the leading artists in the limited edition print industry, and as a maritime artist with a world class reputation, his artwork is highly regarded by the private collector, art galleries, and public museums. Although Peterson is now officially retired from the limited edition print industry, he is still full of enthusiasm and energy and continues to paint most every day, producing paintings, drawings, and miniatures, designing work specifically for reproduction, and creating specific works of art that have been commissioned by private or corporate interests.
- Of Time and Place (White Door Publishing Co., 1994)
- Reflections (White Door Publishing Co., 2001)
- Anderson House Work Bench in Ephraim, WI
- Cottage Row Framing and Gallery in Fish Creek, WI
- Maritime Gallery at Mystic Seaport
- Official website
- Norbert Blei, Charles L. Peterson – Of Time and Place.
- Norbert Blei, Charles L. Peterson – Reflections.
- Charles L. Petersion Biography – Country Art
- Charles L. Peterson Bio and Prints – Prints.com
- Recent Art Show – Cottage Row Gallery
- Charles L. Peterson Biography – Christ Centered Art
- Charles L. Peterson Biography – Mapleleaf Gallery
- Charles L. Peterson – Fine Art at World Wide Art
- Charles L. Peterson, Hall of Honor Award – Marietta College